Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor e71 Firmware

• 19-03-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Got a new e71 today, running 100.07.76 dated June 08.

Can the firmware be upgraded easily? THe nokia PC suite says its on the latest release though I know that there a 200.x.x and 300.x.x versions.

Problem is with the bluetooth in BMW, calls are fine but contacts don't transfer to the phonebook in the car.

I believe this was specifically fixed for BMW bluetooth in a 200.x.x release.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I don't think there is a 300.x.x version. I taught the latest was V 200.21.118?

http://hunajatehdas.net/nokia/firmware/en/model:E71

You'll have to change the product code to be able to update the phone via NSU.

Edit;

Just spotted v210.21.006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

You're right on the 300.x.x version. My mistake, someone mentioned it on another forum as an upcoming possibility.

I changed the product code with Nemesis to 0559585 but when I ran the nokia updater again it still says I'm onthe latest version.

Is there something else I should be doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Try 0567045 ;)

Thank you very much.

Phone now updated to 210.21.006

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Careful with doing all this. Apparently the Nokias have the ability to record whats connected to the phone and what actions are done on it from various repair shops etc. Can breach your warranty. You also run the risk of picking a bad product code which ****s up the phone. Once the mistake is made, there is no going back.

210.21.006 is the latest for the E71, not sure there was much changes but the firmware before it had the biggest update I can recall. This firmware was released only a few days ago. Out of curiosity, anybody who upgraded to this - did PC suite restore your full backup correctly or did you backup your data another metod?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I didn't bother doing a backup before upgrading as I'd only just got the phone and hadn't made many changes to settings etc yet.

On a related note, can the e71 be set to select, for example, WLAN when in wifi coverage, then 3G as a second option or do I need to tell it which access point to use each time if the method changes.

Advertisement