Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed Opportunity!

• 19-03-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Today while getting back home from town, i noticed one of the best photo opportunities i could have had caught on camera!
    Going down the quays, the evening sun was low and bright orange with its hue reflecting of the light mist in the air tracing below the silhouette of Dublin's industrial skyline and silhouettes of people crossing the Ha'penny bridge in the foreground.
    It was just perfect!! The perfect placement of the sun, the perfect atmosphere, the perfect colors, the perfect timing. It was the perfect scene!!
    Only problem... I was in the bus and i didn't have my camera with me!
    AAHHHH!!!!
    But... i'll take my camera with me tomorrow to see just in case tomorrow evening might look the same as today's too...

So anyone else wanna share any such stories where they saw the perfect scene but didn't have their camera with them or weren't in the right place and missed out a brilliant photo opportunity...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

One this that kind of annoyed me was about 20 "wild" horses running down a main-ish road in Tralee,The road was quiet and it was pretty cool seeing them,I assume they escaped from a local housing estate of something but quite a cool contrast

Near wild horses running along a busy town road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Just on Monday, in Kerry. I was on one side of dingle bay(i think). the sun was shining down on the placid sea, the mountains in the background were covered in a light hazy mist in there was surf breaking in the foreground. Too bad, i was in a car, got a few snaps but missed the best image

4C7C1DB0A22449B887E1FCAFD3C07D5C-800.jpg
    maybe it wasn't a missed opportunity but I definitely should have been able to get a better shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I had a similar missed opportunity to the OP, walking passed some water early one morning, a bird of some sort was slowly flying very low over the water ... and me with no camera in my hand! *facepalm*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I had my camera with me today as the sun was disappearing into the horizon in Ballybunion Co Kerry, I just managed to capture these shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I was walking home through Herbert Park in Dublin today at around 17:30 and the sun shinning though the trees was like something straight out of a fairytale. Could see the beams so vividly it was almost unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Oh another older one one day was than i was walking back home from the bus stop at the night time and there is this abandoned house with a huge overgrown garden and tress.
    In the night there was the full moon right between three of those leafless winter trees. It was amazingly picturesque!
    I didn't really describe it properly but it looked like a scene from a Tim Burton movie or something!!

Another photo i didn't take that i regret!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Fireman wrote: »
    I had my camera with me today as the sun was disappearing into the horizon in Ballybunion Co Kerry, I just managed to capture these shots.

Gorgeous shots!

(lucky bastard!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Beautiful low yellow full moon over the water in front of my house at about 2am so no other light sources to interfere with the shot but my daughter was howling and by the time I had her calmed down clouds had descended... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Sleepy wrote: »
    Beautiful low yellow full moon over the water in front of my house at about 2am so no other light sources to interfere with the shot but my daughter was howling and by the time I had her calmed down clouds had descended... :(

Is your daughter a werewolf ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Maybe that's it! :o

Nah, she's just 5 months old, howling at night's a fairly normal occurance! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Driving home the morning after spending the night with the GF, I saw two lads with horses waiting at a Dublin Bus Shelter. They both were wearinf the same clothes and the horses were facing each other - it looked like a mirror image!

Dang. :mad:

Advertisement