Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get semolina for dough recipe?

• 19-03-2009 8:41pm

Trying out a few different recipes for pizza dough one of which uses semolina.

Ive looked around a few supermarkets and can't find any. Any one know any super markets near Stillorgan that would stock it?

Also looking for a pizza stone any ideas there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

ronoc wrote: »
    Also looking for a pizza stone any ideas there?

Unglazed terracotta tile from your local paving centre/garden. Much cheaper than buying a 'kitchen' pizza stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Tesco in Stillorgan will have it. Try the "baking" section where they stock flour, sugar, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

oldsum's strong white flour is usually enough for pizza.

semolina is used for some types of pasta (non-egg ones), why do you put semolina in pizza?

oldsum's strong white flour is usually enough for pizza.

semolina is used for some types of pasta (non-egg ones), why do you put semolina in pizza?

To crisp it up. Supposedly it dries the base out a bit. Ive seen a few recipes with 60/40 strong flour / semolina and some that just add it to the flour for dusting the base when you roll it out.

I found it in the end in Marks and Spencers in Blackrock. None of the Tescos I went to had it.

I'm eating way too much pizza lately :)

edit: http://www.correllconcepts.com/Encyclopizza/_home_encyclopizza.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go to any eastern/asian ethnic shop. They should stock semolina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Duram semonlina is avaialable in Musgraves
    Ricecones can work just aswell...

Advertisement