Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Pictures being used on local website

• 19-03-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Got my first DSLR at christmas and started taking pictures at the local rugby club. They now have their website up and running and they are using my pictures for their match reports. Its great seeing my pictures being used.

www.tallaghtrugby.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

First of all congrats,
    What lens are you using?Just you might be better off going to the try line corner and shooting from there.It's just you get the shot of your tallaght player running towards you and the player on the other team going in for the tackle.Might be something to try if you have a good telephoto lens

This would be my fave :) as it's a good angle
    http://www.tallaghtrugby.com/images/stories/myphotos/img_3991.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Thanks, I have a 70-300 lens. I started at the side of the pitch but then twiged I get better pictures at the try line as you said they are coming straight at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    Thanks, I have a 70-300 lens. I started at the side of the pitch but then twiged I get better pictures at the try line as you said they are coming straight at me.

Ah right you're on the right track anyway,Possibly get down quite low as well as it's nicer to have a clearer background,Next thing is upgrading to f/2.8 glass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

congrats:):)

Can' afford to upgrade at the moment but will when I can!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well done, I've been waiting for my cousin to send me a link so as to see what he's up to and you caught him nicely in a few shots.

Thanks, well you can keep an eye on him now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was expecting another thread about papers/websites stealing peoples' photos without permission :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Stephen wrote: »
    I was expecting another thread about papers/websites stealing peoples' photos without permission :)

thats exactly what i was expecting lol

Sorry no, not this time. I think it will be some time before that happens to me! But enjoying the learning process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement