Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

We picked ballyseede too, fab hotel.
    Just wondering if anyone has some recommendations for a good lively young wedding band.
    Don't really fancy swing, jazz or 70's/80's dicso which rules out most of the bands we have seen already!!:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

try the wolfe tones;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 west cork bride

Hello,

We are looking into getting married in Killarney or surrounding area next May. We have about 30 people to invite. I am a little nervous having a small wedding as it is proving difficult to find a hotel/inn with such small numbers. Most information we get is for weddings of 50!

1: Can anyone reccommend a hotel/inn in killarney or surrounding area- we dont mind. Our budget for the reception is 2,000.

2: Can anyone reccommend an area inside or out to hold a wedding blessing? Due to residency laws for a civil service we have decided to marry in the UK and have a wedding blessing in Ireland and consider this our wedding day.

I hope some of you out there can point me in the right direction it would be very helapfull.

I have received info from the Brehon hotel but again its for 50 people. I am also consider Killeen house(golfing hotel it would seem) and I have requested info from muckross hotel but so far have not received any informaiton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Was at a smallish wedding in the Cahernane a while back - think it was about 70 and it was lovely - they might well do smaller weddings than that. Could be possible to do the blessing on the grounds.

http://www.cahernane.com/

The other places I can think of all seem more suited to larger weddings.
    Might be worth your while enquiring anyway

Couple of other places that do weddings around Killarney - sure there are more just cant think of them at the moment

Killarney Oaks www.killarneyoaks.com
    Muckross Park Hotel www.muckrosspark.com
    Lake Hotel www.lakehotel.com
    Dromhall Hotel www.dromhall.com
    Dunloe Hotel www.thedunloe.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jazabelrose

heya, the meadowlands hotel in tralee is fab www.meadowlandshotel.com my sister got married there last year, and could praise the place more. its very homely feel to the place. i know she dealt with the general manager, and found her brill. congrats on the wedding and happy plannin

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Right lads. This thread is my wedding log. No offence, but unless it's to recommend something for my big day, can you put it in another thread please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 west cork bride

sorry beertons

110days left. Ordered the invites off lovecraft.ie. Met Ciara at a the wedding fair in the RDS, she's very nice. Invites reasonable too. Went for the black suits in M&S, trousers €30, jackets €40, ties €15. The shirts shouldn't cost more than €25 each. All of my family have to travel and stay down in Kerry somewhere, found a little holiday village in Tralee, Crystal Fountain. Priced very well for 4 days. I think we're occupying 5 houses. Some of the guys booked hotel rooms, and they ended up more expensive.

The bridesmaids dresses haven't arrived yet, herself bought them online from an American company. Hope she's not stung for much from customs. I'm in the process of doing up the mass booklets, tis a nasty job.

Going on a cruise from Malaga for the honeymoon. 5 ports in 7 days. It's easy, and by the time you wake the next morning, you're at a different port. Happy days, beats backpacking for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Beertons, we got married in Killarney (Muckross Park Hotel) in Sept. '08. Let me know if you or the bride are looking for any recommendations for cakes, singers etc. as I still have all the details of the people we used.

Hey there. We have booked Kerry school of music to play the church, €400. We got O Callaghan jazz band to play at the reception, €350. We didn't want a band playing, so we asked Big Jim if he could manage a 4 hour set. No probs he said! Thanks for the offer though.

The bride'S aunty is providing the cake. She loves to bake, and would be put out if we didn't take her up on her offer. We called around to her last week and she told us she has the filling made already.

We got the car off Horans Car Hire, an old Bentley, €290. I wanted the Rolls, but it's doing another wedding in Castlegregory the same day The flowers are being done by Flowers by Ann in Tralee ,€600. Make up being done by Le Beau Beauty Salon, €200. Bride done for free, 4 bridesmaids.

And for the photographer we went with Niall McGann. He's costing €1550, but his pictures are very natural. That is for 1 album 12x12, 1 proof album 300-400 pics, and 6 photographs of choice, any size. Instead of flowers for the mothers, we're giving them a framed picture. Neither are mad on flowers, and by the time my mam gets to Kildare, they'll be dead anyway.

Better make a start on those mass booklets!

• Advertisement

58 days to go, better update this somewhat. The invites are gone nearly 2 weeks and the rsvp's are starting to come in. 5 people with guests have declined so far, all my side. It's a bit of a spin for them, Kildare to Kerry.I only asked one family of neighbours, and they've all said no. It's about a 20% decline rate so far. Got the shoes in Arnotts sale, €120. Still have to get an ivory tie. Got our letters of freedom yesterday too, and met with a priest in Naas. I'm doing the mass booklets with the help of a friend. Bit stresssed doing them. Have to get the layout right, and use the right font. I'd love it if it didn't have to be done.

32 days left. Herself went for the dress fitting on Saturday, got her makeup done and met with the florist. Picked our meal in Ballyseede that night too. Went with one of their packages, canapes and food later in the night. Getting quiet stressed now, psorisus had appeared under all my finger nails now, they don't look very nice. 142 people are going so far, waiting to hear from 26ish(52 with partners). I've spent much of the last 3 weekends fixing up her mothers house, painting, moving turf, cleaning. They started renovating it earlier in the year, and we all would like her in it in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. Still haven't heard Big Jim play yet, he was doing a country and western gig on Saturday night, we said we'd catch him again.

Tickets for honeymoon arrived. And Beertons' passport is out of date soon. Sent off for new one. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'm really liking this thread by you Beetons. Truly! Just wait a year and look back at everything you'd have wrote in here, I bet you'll be grinning from ear to ear :).

Not long to the big day now, and everything seems to be falling into place nicely by you. Keep up the good cheer and good luck with everything else in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

i've been to 3 "small" weddings in Ballyroe Heights Hotel.
    i thought that they were really good & intimate.
    I think Mark O'Sullivan is the guy to talk to.
    the setting is really good.
    Hello,

We are looking into getting married in Killarney or surrounding area next May. We have about 30 people to invite. I am a little nervous having a small wedding as it is proving difficult to find a hotel/inn with such small numbers. Most information we get is for weddings of 50!

1: Can anyone reccommend a hotel/inn in killarney or surrounding area- we dont mind. Our budget for the reception is 2,000.

2: Can anyone reccommend an area inside or out to hold a wedding blessing? Due to residency laws for a civil service we have decided to marry in the UK and have a wedding blessing in Ireland and consider this our wedding day.

I hope some of you out there can point me in the right direction it would be very helapfull.

I have received info from the Brehon hotel but again its for 50 people. I am also consider Killeen house(golfing hotel it would seem) and I have requested info from muckross hotel but so far have not received any informaiton.

Freaking a bit now, only days to go. Have no hunger, but have to eat something. Went from over 15 stone in January to 13ish now. Haven't been this light since I was about 18! Dieted a bit, and did weights, nothing mental. Tried on the suit yesterday, jacket is hanging off me, so straight into the alterations place in Naas to get it sorted. Final numbers are 154ish. Submitting the table plan tomorrow.

Have to go to the best man's house now to get my speech sorted, so I'm off!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Fair play on the weight loss, good on you!!! My cousin got married 2 months ago, he used his dog as a shrink, worked wonders for him and the nerves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

If you are an 'outsider' from the next parish. Even if you were to have gone to the church regularly you may find yourself treated with contempt and the proverbial cold shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

beertons wrote: »
    Hey there. We have booked Kerry school of music to play the church, €400.

Awwww you should have booked me! I'm better and cheaper ;)

today i marry my best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

beertons wrote: »
    today i marry my best friend.
    What's your fiancé got to say about that?

Boom Boom!

• Advertisement

Ok. Rehersal was thursday at 8pm, only lasted around 30 minutes. Then we all headed over to Daly's for a session. Not many from the Kerry side of the family were there, 100ish from mine. The bridesmaids left early, before the guitar came out, so missed out on all the fun. The place was hopping, and I warned Peter that I'd bring a good crowd, so he had an extra girl behind the bar with them. One guy played for about 90 mins, then 2 of my friends asked if they could borrow it, and suprised the crowd by singing a few more songs. Think I left there about 130, and on to a game off poker in Crystal Fountain.

The next day flew, even though I met herself on Camp Strand at 10am. I didn't get dressed till around 11, and the photographer came round to us around 12. Got a few pics with the lads and the rest of the family, and we headed off to Ashes at 2. After a strong Jack and Coke, into the church with me. Fr Buckley was really nice, kept us calm and prompted us every time he was going to say or do something.

Didn't opt for many pictures in the church, as I've taken pics there before, and the lighting is terrible, so unless you had a good camera, they'd turn out crap. We headed to Derrymore Strand. We'd have loved to have gone to Camp Strand, 'coz I proposed there, but the sand is too soft. Derrymore was perfect. Can't believe the rain held off for us that afternoon.

Lisa met us at Ballyseede Castle, and gave us 2 pints of water. I've never been so dehydrated before. Few pics at the front door, then in for the meal, which I couldn't taste! Nerves before the speech. The food looked lovely, and loads complimented us on chosing it. Speeches went grand in the end, had a stiff drink to settle my nerves. Great night, didn't dance a whole lot as I was talking to everyone on all the tables, thanking them for coming and seeing if they had a good day. Think i got to the bedroom at 5, 530 to bed by the time I got all the bit and clips out of her hair.

Went to Fitz's on saturday night. There was a rally on in Camp, and they had a bit of a session going. Only about 60 of the wedding crowrd turned up, and the place was jammed. You could see the tiredness kicking in with everyone, we still stayed out late enough though, think it was another 2am finish. We got finger food prepared for us too, and that kept the crowd going for a bit longer. Good music too, not sure who they were though

By sunday, I was warped. Too many late nights, I was getting a headcold. Went over to the rally to see what was about. Crappy weather towards the end of the day. Headed back up to Kildare on tuesday morning, was nice to have a few days to rest, and bring people wedding cake that couldn't make it to the wedding.

Ballyseede were great. The photographer was great. The video guy was great too, a Camp local. Bit of drama with the florist, you learn from your mistakes!

Sin é. The best weekend I ever had. Never laughed so much. Still haven't stopped smiling. Mrs B thinks so too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Congrats man, glad it all went so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

Belated congrats beetons!!!

Advertisement