Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodwork teacher

Options
  • 19-03-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

what qualifications do u need to be a woodwork teacher?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Theres a course in ul called wood science or wood technology or something like that that leads to woodwork teaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

be good at wood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

timmywex wrote: »
    Theres a course in ul called wood science or wood technology or something like that that leads to woodwork teaching!

No, be careful with this one because you are by no means guaranteed to qualify as a woodwork teacher with this course. That is more for timberframe houses and stuff like that. You can do a teaching post grad after this course but it is based on an interview and there are very few places. However, I have heard that people that went this route to become woodwork teachers fell in love with wood science and had no interest in teaching at the end of it!

The course you want is LMO94, http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Marketing/Undergraduate%20Course%20Guide/Education%20%26%20Health%20Sciences/LM094%20Bachelor%20of%20Technology%20(Education)%20in%20Materials%20%26%20Construction%20Technology

This is harder to get into though. Points are ca. 430 and there is a maths requirement!

Failing that, you can go to GMIT Letterfrack and do a furniture making course there and then do a postgrad but again, this is by no means guaranteed!
    callaway92 wrote: »
    be good at wood

Actually no, there is no woodwork requirement. They teach you from scratch! You may not even know what a chisel looks like and still be eligible to do this course! Obviously though, it would be a huge advantage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rush@)=(~

thanks so practice with tools wood...ect.....ect..... if i have a chance but it actually dosent matter that much

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bull_egan

this is actually the course i want to do the lm094 which yes as stated above is 430 points but you can also do lm095 which is 415 points its metalwork teaching but after 1st yr in college you can be assessed if you want to go into the woodwork teaching my top two choices :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement