Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking material

• 19-03-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi could any1 give me info on decking material,
    I want to build a deck approx. 12ft by 10ft ,
    How many boards, handrails , spindles ,posts reqd. etc. etc. and costs
    if known , and where is the cheapest place to buy???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Cant really say how many Spindles, posts and rails you need without knowing the lenght the rail will be.
    But for the boards and joists:

3.6 Meter (12') Boards: you will need about 20 for the deck floor and maybe 3 or so to put around the sides to cover the exposed joists.

Usually half the amount of joists to the number of boards so about 11 joists.

I would say get about 3 or 4 boxes of screw (200 to 250 per box) @ approx 8 to 10 euro a box.

Total for that amount of decking should be around the €320 to €350 mark.

Hope that is of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RoRo83

hey there,im looking to geta new timber deck duilt.its 27ft x 13ft with handrail all way around.i shall be spplying materials.how much roughly would the labour cost for this.thanks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

RoRo83 wrote: »
    hey there,im looking to geta new timber deck duilt.its 27ft x 13ft with handrail all way around.i shall be spplying materials.how much roughly would the labour cost for this.thanks.......

A friend of mine does decking, he did my deck in my old place. Was only small but a great job.

Ill PM you his number if you want to contact him, he should do you a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

the folks int eh diy forum should be able to give good advice on this also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got 16x16 complete with rails etc from Smiths in Walkinstown last year for €800 all in. It was a special offer but they're worth checking out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement