Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macroom Broadband

Options
  • 19-03-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea when the Macroom West exchange may be upgraded so as the people in the internet blackspot between Macroom and Kilnamatyra may be able to get broadband? It was meant to be done by end of 2008 but now on eircom's site it says it will be done in 2009. Just wondering if anyone has any info or have had and dealings with this recently only dial-up is driving me mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Hmm very hairy spot I reckon for Kilnamatyra if I can correctly remember the place the last time I was down there, I was actually down there visiting a guy called Mike....it was hardly you? :rolleyes:
    I think there is a Cork based wisp serving the Kilnamatyra area, perhaps someone else could confirm that?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

If you look at the Eircom Broadband website you'll see that the Macroom West exchange is listed for enabling in 2009. It's my understanding that it was actually planned for the 1st quater of this year but obviously this Eircom & we wouldn't want them to work too hard on that....
    http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/your-area.asp?id=2

I'm at Millstreet Cross by the way & it's infuriating to think that there's broadband only 200yards down the road

Contacted Eircom & got this reply back...

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent enquiry to www.broadbandAtoZ.ie.

Having consulted with our network engineers, I can confirm that the current provisional schedule for the enablement of the Macroom West exchange is for the period late March - April. This broadband roll out schedule is a provisional schedule and is therefore subject to change.

Please check www.broadbandAtoZ.ie for regular updates on broadband rollout across the country.

Kind regards,

The BroadbandAtoZ Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sd7777

Hi,

I am delivering some good news!!
    Im a sales rep for BT Ireland (Broadband)!!

Iv been notified from main office that yere exchange will be enabled next Wednesday. I will be working in Macroom West from tomorrow onwards,, if anyone is interested in getting a quotation send me a private message and I can give you my number.

Looking forward to hearing from ye,

Thanks & Regards,
    Sean D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I got a reply from eircom and they said the exchange would be enabled by the end of the month and also I saw an eircom guy messing around with the exchange today so here's hoping.

• Advertisement

sd7777 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am delivering some good news!!
    Im a sales rep for BT Ireland (Broadband)!!

Iv been notified from main office that yere exchange will be enabled next Wednesday. I will be working in Macroom West from tomorrow onwards,, if anyone is interested in getting a quotation send me a private message and I can give you my number.

Looking forward to hearing from ye,

Thanks & Regards,
    Sean D
    F*cking sweet as a nut boy!!!!!!!

Advertisement