Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n95 light is staying on. Even when the phone is off!

• 19-03-2009 9:24pm

Anyone got a fix for this? I've looked around google a bit and couldn't find any decent advice. The light turns on as soon as the battery is connected. Bit of a pain!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sounds to me like your phone is faulty, probably water damaged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Sounds to me like your phone is faulty, probably water damaged
    +1

OP, try www.mprc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Had a similar issue with my old K800i when it went through the washing machine. The camera's autofocus light was on permanently when the battery was in ; nothing else worked.

Yeah I spilled some bong water on it on paddys day. I'm guessing thats what did it!

Would a spell in the hot-press help it? Not really arsed having to pay to get it fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If it's water damaged, chances are you won't be able to pay to get it fixed, even if you wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Sounds like it's hardware, but it could be a software problem, a Hard Reset should help if it's software. Careful though, this will delete everything your phone so backup anything you don't want to lose first -

"Vulcan Death Grip" : !!!!Deletes all data !!!!!!
    First turn the Phone Off

Then Hold down
    Green answer key + 3 key + * key and turn the Phone back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Yeah I spilled some bong water on it on paddys day. I'm guessing thats what did it!

Would a spell in the hot-press help it? Not really arsed having to pay to get it fixed

Good paddys day was it :D

unless you meant boiling:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I think it's funny how the op spilled water on his phone two days before starting the thread and the problem started then but he didn't feel the need to mention that in his first post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I'd like the opportunity to try and repair the phone for you, I'm quite handy in the area of unlocking & repairing phones. PM me if ya want my details.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I think it's funny how the op spilled water on his phone two days before starting the thread and the problem started then but he didn't feel the need to mention that in his first post :D

Yeah tbh it was only a few splashes from an over-eager bong hit that went all over my face! Didn't think that would be the cause of it, I actually figured I must have dropped it or something but on further investigation this seems like a common enough n95 issue when it's come into contact with water.

Only advice I've seen so far is to let it dry out, perhaps I'll put it in the hotpress for a day or two.

Thanks a lot for the offer Columba Rad. For the moment I'm gonna try the drying-out method and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement