Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own a car? Is it dirty? Free car wash from Shine On Valet!

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Now with moderator approval!

The sun is beginning to shine a bit more and the days are getting longer. This is the perfect time to cruise around dazzle people with your shiny car!

I'm a business student in W.I.T. and I have started a mobile car wash & valet service, based around Waterford city. There are three different services; The Bubble Bath (hand wash & towel dry - €9); The Spruce Up (light interior clean - €29); and The Super Clean (heavy interior clean - €59)

Boards seems like a great place to find guinea pigs willing participants to test this fantastic new car wash & valet service.

Well, what's in it for me?
    Most people are hanging on their cars longer these days, and a car wash maintains your car's looks

Shine On Car Wash comes to you! No more long queues or waiting around, set an appointment and see for yourself

It's a back to basics car wash - no more over-powered equipment that will strip paint. Do you see guys on garage forecourts attacking their cars with yard brushes? Yeah, don't do that. Shine On uses a hand washing for a gentler wash, including a towel dry for a less streaky finish.

For the first FIVE BOARDIES that reply to this thread, each will receive a FREE car wash. A mobile wash costs €9, and I am offering five free washes in return for feedback. I want to make sure the service is perfect before I offer it to the public

Sounds great! Now what?
    Reply in this thread and PM me to make an appointment.

If you need further assurance, I can supply a reference from W.I.T.

Also, if you have any comments or suggestions I'd be delighted to hear them!

Thanks guys!

Dara Breen

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Count me in so, Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Will you do the work on your own site or does it have to be on our own ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

count me in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

woohoo, i'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

guinea pig eh....hmmm, i do like Ham....and free you say......hmmmmm......I could do with saving some money.

Count me in so.

I'll get my people to make contact with your people and we can book an appointment.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DBreen

Thanks a mill for all the encouragement! I have PM'ed the first couple replies with the phone number and hope to hear from them soon for confirmation.

There's still one or two Bubble Baths up for grabs so keep on replying.

Sully wrote: »
    Will you do the work on your own site or does it have to be on our own ground?

Shine On is a call out service and judging from the feedback so far most people would prefer to have someone call to their house than wait 20mins for a car wash.

It may not be the most glamorous looking operation (at the moment!) but I can guarantee you your car will look so much better after a Bubble Bath.

While not essential for the wash, a water supply (outside tap etc.) will really make a difference so I'd appreciate access to it.

I'll keep this thread updated (hopefully with pics!) and if the participants want to let us know what they thought of the service that would be very welcome too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

DBreen wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for all the encouragement! I have PM'ed the first couple replies with the phone number and hope to hear from them soon for confirmation.

There's still one or two Bubble Baths up for grabs so keep on replying.

Shine On is a call out service and judging from the feedback so far most people would prefer to have someone call to their house than wait 20mins for a car wash.

It may not be the most glamorous looking operation (at the moment!) but I can guarantee you your car will look so much better after a Bubble Bath.

While not essential for the wash, a water supply (outside tap etc.) will really make a difference so I'd appreciate access to it.

I'll keep this thread updated (hopefully with pics!) and if the participants want to let us know what they thought of the service that would be very welcome too

Thats great,count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Nice one inski if i'm not too late!!!! cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Seems you have your five already.. Count me in as a reserve then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Me too!

• Advertisement

So has anyone managed to get their free wash yet, I have not any way. I did get one pm back from them but I sent another pm to them last week to arrange a time but I have gotten to reply:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If there are any issues, ill pass this onto the Community Team who might look into it.

The OP might be generally slow to respond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

me too- got the number for "shine on" pm'ed on to me but the number doesn't connect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So has anyone managed to get their free wash yet, I have not any way. I did get one pm back from them but I sent another pm to them last week to arrange a time but I have gotten to reply:confused:

Didn't even get a pm, whole thing's a really odd joke imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

thats a bit strange. Especially since he said he got permission from the mods to post about his business .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Fear not... Once they find an outside tap in Lismore Park, the business will be up and running :D

seanybiker wrote: »
    thats a bit strange. Especially since he said he got permission from the mods to post about his business .

Thankfully that was before my time as a mod;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

What's that about if it sounds too good to be true??????????????

I got an initial PM also, but told him to give my freebie to someone else. I tend to wash my own car.

I also pointed out a few things he should investigate before going hell for leather into his new business venture because these are things people will ask him for :
    (1) has he got indemnity insurance to show people?
    (2) does he have a licence and/or motor insurance?
    (3) has he got permission from the city/county council to allow the chemicals he would be using to be put into the surface water drain.
    Reason for this is that, the car washing chemicals would enter the surface water drains, which are completely different to sewers, they just allow the rain water to flow generally into rivers/streams untreated as far as I know and discharging any effluent into this type of drain is illegal.

I could be wrong on the above things cause I'm not into Car Washing business but these are questions the company I work for posed to a guy last year when he went around the IDA estate offering to wash & valet peoples cars while they worked, which is a great idea but like any business venture you need to consider all angles.

He never replied to my feedback PM, so I dont know if he took onboard what I said or not and found it useful.

My guess is he just used this place as a once off and is probably busy doing college stuff.

- BFG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Maybe he tried but just couldn't parking in Lismore Park :D

• Advertisement

This is being overseen by the college btw. The OP has to do his own business for work experience. Cant imagine this being false, as he requested the thread ages ago and it took him a while to get setup.

Sully wrote: »
    This is being overseen by the college btw. The OP has to do his own business for work experience. Cant imagine this being false, as he requested the thread ages ago and it took him a while to get setup.
    I suppose give him some space so and see what happens after all it is his first business :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I pm'd him as Id have a few peeps cars to send his way, family, friends etc but never got a reply.. cud have sent a fair bit of business his over the next few months..

Rather than let this thread go on any further, as there may be a good explanation to why we have not gotten our free car washes yet, I am going to close it for the time being. If and when the OP reappears he may contact one of the mods here if he wants it reopened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement