Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Mathematics by Examination

• 19-03-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

It says on the maynooth website this lays a great foundation for doing a phd but from what i can tell theres no research component therefore how could it !!!?

Also I got a list of courses for the HDip in maths at maynooth. They only added up to 45 credits and apparently the course is made up of 60 credits anyone know where i'm missing ?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

How could it? By providing you with a better all round education in all topics of mathematics which is obviously useful when going on to do a phd. If you just have a degree in maths you may never have covered some topics in analysis, etc that may be useful later on.

For full list of module choices for HDip see here. Also, the postgrad coordinator in the maths dept is David Wraith. You should contact him before making any decisions. Very nice chap and will give you the full run down on your options.

Advertisement