Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level of paddy's day drunkeness

Options
  • 19-03-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

After hearing many peoples stories of Paddy's Day, I was shocked to hear how many people got absolutley skull ****ed. Pretty much every single one of them blacked out at some point or didn't remember how they got home. I'm obviously aware of the fact that Paddys Day is just a day for drinking, but it really seemed like this year was beyond a joke. I myself remembered nothing past 5 o clock and ended up at home by 11 with no idea where I was. Another friend of mine got arrested for just being so drunk. I'm interested to see how other people around the country faired on Tuesday.

How drunk did you get? 319 votes

Not a drop touched my tongue.
    0% 0 votes
    I drank, didn't get drunk.
    46% 149 votes
    I drank, got drunk, remembered everything.
    20% 65 votes
    I puked at least once
    22% 72 votes
    I blacked out at some point of the night.
    1% 6 votes
    Worse.
    8% 27 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

AFAIK i wasnt on this planet for tuesday

I spilled liquid on my phone and broke it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I was buzzed but my friend threw up 3 times in Croker and fell asleep during the two club finals. He was a noob to alcohol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

public poll huh?

Ah no, Paddy's day is over. Even the Metrald has (probably) moved on from the horror stories at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Started at 12, lasted til 11.30 and managed to walk home. That said, when I went out for a smoke about quarter to eleven (was starting to sober up at that point) I was genuinely suprised to discover it was dark. In my head it had been about 20 minutes since I was last outside and it was bright. And that must have been at about 6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Not a drop touched my tongue, Ah the joys of waking up the next morning fresh as a daisy:D watching everyone in college walking like Zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I had a few cans watching Arsenal v Hull then a few more while on here bitching about Phil "what a cock" Brown.

No more than any other match day really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Had 2 bottles of wine here throughout the day ,possibly got mildly tipsy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

I went for a game of golf paddy's morn and took my oh to the cinema in the evening, wow im exciting, still though had a nice day. Spending the day on the lash cause its paddy's is a bit cliched imo, a random all day session works out the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Wow I'm actually shocked by the poll so far. I was expecting a lot drunker tbh. Maybe its just everyone in my extended circle of friends are just a disgrace. Although I heard the entirety of Tralee was like a jungle. Any people from Tralee here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Went "Knacker Drinkin" for old times sake with a couple of mates. Just a spur of the moment thing. Drank half to 3/4 of a bottle of Southern Comfort. Walked home, and remembered most of it. My memory is bad anyways, so its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Got a bit tipsy but nothing over the top. Decided it'd be a great idea to go drinking in town. Evidently, it was. Had a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

1 drink on the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Didn't drink because i had a huge meeting the following morning. Knew i'd be convinced into drinking into oblivion so stayed away. Had some nice non-alcoholic wine tho!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I had one bottle of miller

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was in work 2-10 and then in again at 8 the next morning, so no drinking

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

public poll huh?

Poll no longer public in the interest of those of us who got hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sober as a judge, blame medication and studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I was running a bar on Paddies day. Expected to finish at 8pm, but we were so crazy busy I didn't finish until 5am. Started work at 11:30am, long bloody day. I spent the last few hour of the night kicking out drunk people.

My turn to get wasted was the day after :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I drank about 8 pint bottles of that Bulmers Pear crap and could not get drunk on the stuff.. I want my money back :mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quite a bit :D Remember everything and no disgracful behaviour so it's all good :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Only consumed 8 cans of dutch, but in fairness the night before it I had well over 12 cans I'd say and had been drinking on the trot a few days in a row, Wednesday morning woke up, zero hangover, no issiues, went to college, felt fairly crappy, went home after a half an hour and got sick :o , Suppose though, its the tradition :pac::pac:

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i had a couple during work then hit it hard at 6. i found out the following day that i left work at half 1 and went home. i still have no memory of leaving the pub, damned black bush wipes my memory. i didnt act the maggot though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I flitted between pints of Erdinger and Mojitos, which turned out to be quite a sexy mix.

We were out from about 12.30 till 9 or so. Didn't think I was too bad tbh.

Small bit of a headache and dry mouth the next morning :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I may or may not have soiled myself at some point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

I got through 23 cans over the whole day and ended up passing out in a ditch. Got up for work the next morning, drank some dehydrating gravy and lyle's golden syrup mixed with sand and ate some jacob's cream crackers and got no hangover.

23 cans?!
    The reason you've got no hangover is you're probably still drunk :P

Epic amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    23 cans?!
    The reason you've got no hangover is you're probably still drunk :P

Epic amount.

Dont worry, I'm only messing! I assumed the ridiculous things i mentioned consuming after my nights boozing would have led you to that conclusion!!

I had 13 cans though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Not a drop. Spent most of the day 'fixing' the old Ford Fiesta my sister passed on to me. Turns out that spanners are not all that useful to turn a bolt hidden behind the alternator drive belt, even after an hour or so of lying beneath the (unraised) car angrily slapping the spanner about and shouting.
    I hope the socket spanner set I ebayed that evening arrives today...
    I got through 23 cans over the whole day and ended up passing out in a ditch. Got up for work the next morning, drank some dehydrating gravy and lyle's golden syrup mixed with sand and ate some jacob's cream crackers and got no hangover.
    Of course, the Gravy Creme avec le Syrup de Gaineamh, the standard hangover cure. :pac:

Advertisement