Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level of paddy's day drunkeness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

10 hrs drinking in the pub and all i had to show was a blackened toilet bowl

i now have truly experienced the Guinness ****es

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Went out to watch a few local rock bands. Got pissed although didn't drink till 8pm as I was gigging myself earlier in the day. Nevertheless must have drank a fair amount as I woke to find the kitchen in a complete mess. It would seem I drunkenly made myself a fry on coming home (a BIG fry) and then left everything at my arse. I have no recollection of this. I don't understand why I didn't just buy fast food. I must've beeen thinking that I'd spent too much on booze and couldn't justify fast food so cooking at home. Still not a great idea to be frying food when completely bolloxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Steoob wrote: »
    After hearing many peoples stories of Paddy's Day, I was shocked to hear how many people got absolutley skull ****ed. Pretty much every single one of them blacked out at some point or didn't remember how they got home. I'm obviously aware of the fact that Paddys Day is just a day for drinking, but it really seemed like this year was beyond a joke. I myself remembered nothing past 5 o clock and ended up at home by 11 with no idea where I was. Another friend of mine got arrested for just being so drunk. I'm interested to see how other people around the country faired on Tuesday.

there has never been a paddys day i have gotten skull ****ed. Ive had a few(and more) but remembered everything and never blacked out or anything

Dont know if its the occasion or the fact i know everyone else will prob be on the floor- just never have for some reason:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Good to see most didn't drink :) A good few of my mates see it as a day to be spent in the pub... Not good... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sparkytrypod

started drinkin at 12, myself and a few friends tried a 13 tap challenge i.e. the pub has 13 different pints on tap,drink 1 of each!messy, however all made it safely to wednesday!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Started drinkning at 3.30pm and only finished up about 2-3am, I got ****faced and I'm quite ashamed of myself pissed off,unreal hangover,I dont know how I survived Wednesday :eek:

So much for having a sober Paddys Day..........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Steoob wrote: »
    After hearing many peoples stories of Paddy's Day, I was shocked to hear how many people got absolutley skull ****ed.
    I would be too, if it happened to someone I knew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

i had to stop two people having sex in my pub on paddys day...he was wasted and absolutely fcuking PLOUGHING her out of it(her legs were around his neck)...highlight of my night! everyone else was wasted on €3 pints as well...god i hate paddys day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

flyton5 wrote: »
    i had to stop two people having sex in my pub on paddys day...
    "Hold up lads, the camera battery's after running out."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got gee eyed :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Butterfly baby

Didn't drink at all but it was funny becuse I live in the city and nowhere was selling drink before 3pm so there was queue's everywhere from about 2pm waiting for off licences to open. You'd swear drink was going out of fashion there was so many people desperate to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I had a few pints is all. Was in work Paddy's day and I had to go to college Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

I started drinking around 12, watched all the riots in the holylands and then hit the sack at around 8.(i think) Then back up at 10 for a few more tins and a house party in some random persons house, Back in bed at 2 and up for 12 to go to Irish dancing practice.:D
    Definetly the best paddys day i can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

was locked in the local pub till 7 a.m....

how anyone cant handle their drink ill never know ??

but to be fair i was fairly gone after 12 cans of heino and shorts...

i sobered up well so by 5 boredom kicked in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Didnt have a drop of alcohol on Paddys Day. I reckoned I had had enough last Sat when I went to the pub for the Man Utd v Liverpool game and stayed drinking till 9.30pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

Brag: Went out to the living room in Malahide Monday night, got my rock and roll from some girl back at her apartment. magaged to get her to make me scrambled eggs and rashers in the morning and got her to drop me back to finglas. Great result!!

Double Brag: As soon as i got home (1ish), had a shower and went straight into town with my mates. Went into The Quays bar and had great craic all day. Town was off the shizzle. Ended up scoffing some american bird and managed to get her to bring me back to her hotel room for some more hanky panky. Next morning went straight into work from her hotel. All in all it was a good few days for moi!!

BTW Im not suprised at the high number of boardsies that did nothing Paddys day. Unsociable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a load to drink, wen't to the parade, stayed in the pub until 1am, woke up the next day and had a nice lunch.
    Went for a 6 mile run Wed evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

adzer86 wrote: »
    BTW Im not suprised at the high number of boardsies that did nothing Paddys day. Unsociable
    Yeah, but we probably don't have AIDS :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didnt drink at all. Was woking in the evening, didnt finish till 11, so couldnt be bothered doing anything after that. Was called into work at half next day to finish off another persons shift, cos she was dying. Doesn't really bother me, with some extra money saved, I'll have random sessions other days, or not get a job in Oz and just travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I headed out early enough, had a few green pints and was home by 11.30pm...all my mates were working on wednesday and not one of us was drunk goin home. Dont know if thats being sensible or old age catchin up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 herr0

250mls vodka- 12.30 pm.
    250mls vodka 4.30pm.
    100mls whiskey 5.40pm (i was meant to only take a swig from my friends naggin, but somehow managed to down half the fecker in one mouthful :eek:).

Fell repeatedly, my head still hurts now (from the injury, not the hangover) :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i think i was worse on the monday night.in the pub since 5 monday evening and drank all sorts.went back to a house party and we were ravin away in the kitchen till 7 in the mornin.the pictures are priceless.

got up then at one on paddys and tucked straight into 16 cans.that did me till 1 paddys night so was well spaced out.was still pissed though and talked some ****e.puked then violently at 6 in the mornin and the 18th of march is a day i will never ever forget.i get bad hangovers but this took the piss.stomach was in bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I did what i figured to be the sensible thing. Went out Monday night and got drunk then instead. Stayed in all day Paddy's day relaxing and recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

xzanti wrote: »
    I drank about 8 pint bottles of that Bulmers Pear crap and could not get drunk on the stuff.. I want my money back :mad:

I'm intrigued... sounds lovely... what's it like?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Sober... I was recovering from a wedding the night before, enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Didn't even bother with it, tbh. After the parade in town, the last place I wanted to be was an over-crowded pub stuffed with tourists in leprechaun hats..

Completely f/ucked.

Not what I was going for . . can't remeber how I got home. .

Blah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Started drinking on the 12th and finished at 5pm on Paddys day. Was nice being off work on Monday!!

Advertisement