Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairy Tree

• 19-03-2009 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

There was a fairy tree in a field half way between Kilbeggan and Clara which I always looked out at as I drove by, it's gone :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

That's bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Where abouts? Drivin to clara from kilbeggan? Im spent many a day runnin :(around there, but cant picture the tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Perhaps I should have said Fairy bush, it was growing out of a very large rock in the middle of a field half way between Kilbeggan and Clara on the right hand side past the house where the man sells the honey. From the road it looked similar to a Bonsai tree growing out of the rock. We always referred to it as the fairy tree. There appears to be some land reclaimation work going on. I'm afraid I don't have a pic to post.

I passed that way this morning and the large rock is still there but the small tree/bush has gone. It appears from the road that the rock is bigger than expected, as there seems to be from the untrained eye a trench dug around the rock and there's more rock under the ground than over rather like an iceberg. Perhaps the fairies have dug in their heels ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Scawgeen wrote: »
    There was a fairy tree in a field half way between Kilbeggan and Clara which I always looked out at as I drove by, it's gone :(

Sounds like a line from a Christy Moore song :pac:

Advertisement