Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim will fix it?

• 20-03-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a tattoo on my right arm, its about the size of a childs clenched fist. The tattoo is a devil, I got it when I was 16. Now at 28 I want to cover over the tattoo with something different. The tattoo is mostly red and fairl small.

My question is:

Is it possible to place a new tattoo over an old one and what are the limitations? Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

impossible for us to tell, head into studios around town and see what the artists themselves say, let them have a look and see if it is salvagable. depends on the colours used, so many factors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Will wrote: »
    impossible for us to tell, head into studios around town and see what the artists themselves say, let them have a look and see if it is salvagable. depends on the colours used, so many factors

Thanks for the reply, could you recommend a good place to go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Really depends on where you are and how far you want to travel
    theres a huge list sticked i think
    tho the name that springs to mind(for Dublin) is Colourworks
    addresses in that big post o' doom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Really depends on where you are and how far you want to travel
    theres a huge list sticked i think
    tho the name that springs to mind(for Dublin) is Colourworks
    addresses in that big post o' doom

Nice one, I am dying to say goodbye to my devil!! It is so embaressing when a girl looks at it and pretends she likes it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dav nagle wrote: »
    Nice one, I am dying to say goodbye to my devil!! It is so embaressing when a girl looks at it and pretends she likes it!!

It happens loads, people get tattoos when they are too young, or get something without much thought beyond "I want a tattoo!" and end up regretting it! We have a hard time talking younger people out of getting tattooed too :(

As regards getting it covered up, I'd say think more about what you want to cover it up with, what style tattoo, then approach a tattoo artist who is good at this style, and get them to do you up a custom design to cover the devil up. It'll need to be custom designed in order to break up/hide the design that's there already. The main thing to think about is the style though, and finding an artist who is turning out good quality work in that style :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement