Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book 7 Release Date: March 26th

Options
  • 20-03-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there are many people reading this forum these days but if there are any lurckers about...

Dear Players,

Turbine has officially announced that Book 7: Leaves of Lórien will be launched on their live servers on 17th March, 2009. Codemasters is currently anticipating a release date of 26th March, 2009.

Book 7 is the first major update since the launch of Mines of Moria™ and contains much more written dialogue than recent books. This new release includes story elements that go well beyond what had been estimated when our schedules were set. Although this is positive for the game as we deliver more playable content and story it does mean that more time is required to localise and customise for European release.

Unfortunately, market realities dictate that Turbine must continue on their plan to release as close to deadline as possible. While we have been working with them in an attempt to coordinate on a simultaneous release, the bottom line is that they feel they need to deliver to their players on schedule. Neither company takes this change in our normal delivery policy lightly. A variety of options were considered prior to changing the release schedule, but due to joint operational issues we are unable to launch together this time.

Both Turbine and Codemasters are keen to prevent a re-occurrence of such a delay for the EU and will continue working closely together to avoid separation of releases in the future whenever possible.

In the meantime, Codemasters are doing everything possible to get Book 7 ready for EU release as quickly as we can. We are working around the clock!

We do realize that this delay will be disappointing to many of you. While it’s not a book release, we have arranged a series of fun Bullroarer Took (St. Patrick's Day) activities to take place across Middle-earth. These are an exclusive event for Codemasters customers. Details will be posted to the website shortly.

See you in Middle-earth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh ohh patch today...

I'll be most interested to see how creep play is affected. My little maggot of a daughter has been acting up so I haven't been on much, but should be on tonight (after thursday work beers, naturally ).

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Release of Book 7 has been delayed till April 2nd...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just spent 4 hours downloading the patch. Then realised I'd gotten the US one by accident. D'oh!

humanji wrote: »
    Just spent 4 hours downloading the patch. Then realised I'd gotten the US one by accident. D'oh!

Doh! There isnt a standalone patch until next week so you have to let the launcher update the game for you.

Yeah, I was hoping to avoid that. My connection is rubbish so it'll probably take the same amount of time if I were to wait for the standalone. :D

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, I was hoping to avoid that. My connection is rubbish so it'll probably take the same amount of time if I were to wait for the standalone. :D

I dont think the size of the update is that huge as they are reusing part of lorthlorien area that shipped with Moria. Download speeds during the early part of yesterday were poor but these issues have been fixed so you should be able to download quite quickly now.

Yeah I read that they had speed issues. Hopefully it'll download quick enough. I've a busy weekend, so tonight may be the only time I get to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Up until now over the last year and a half I've had no
    problems with LOTRO,

Since the Book 7 update without anything at all changing
    on my PC I've had 3 BSOD's, 3 random forced Reboots,
    and several client crashes.

Not to mention lots of Freep quest bugs, and ingame
    freezes.

Weird.

By the way, dont notice much activity here. it seems
    to be all PVP/Monster play posts, Does anyone here actually
    play the game Quest Mode, Freep Non PVP ?

All my toons are on Eldar server on Kin Reconnected.
    Bullets is my main (Hunter) Laddy is my newly L60's Warden alt.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

most of us are playing 'quest mode' atm, though I hope to get back into the moors now that its become a little more balance.

bullets wrote: »
    Up until now over the last year and a half I've had no problems with LOTRO,

Since the Book 7 update without anything at all changing
    on my PC I've had 3 BSOD's, 3 random forced Reboots,
    and several client crashes.

Not to mention lots of Freep quest bugs, and ingame
    freezes.

Weird.

~B

Hey Bullets, I dont think there were any major graphical changes made with this update so probably something up with your system rather then the game itself. Try updating graphics drivers etc...
    bullets wrote: »
    By the way, dont notice much activity here. it seems
    to be all PVP/Monster play posts, Does anyone here actually
    play the game Quest Mode, Freep Non PVP ?

All my toons are on Eldar server on Kin Reconnected.
    Bullets is my main (Hunter) Laddy is my newly L60's Warden alt.

Actualy doing very little pvp. The monster play was a handy way of getting people who have different level toons to do some group things but it never really took off. I tend to use the official lotro forums and kin website for lotro posts and just stop by here to see if there are any new players around or to post about any happenings that may interested ex-players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement