Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 1d Mark III for a day?!

• 20-03-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Ok quick question...

I have the use of a Canon 1D Mark III for a day & a few different lenses, so where should I go to shot in the dublin/wicklow area?

I know its a very vague question and I have a few ideas myself, but was looking for a few suggestions too! :D I don't normally get out to do my own thing, stuck taking the sports world most of the time, so I'm excited!!! :o

Thanks in advance!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

If you take the road from that goes into wicklow either the R115 or R117 (most probably the R115). It takes you to a place from where you get an amazing view of the whole dublin city. I always thought it'ld be an amazing place to take pictures. Especially during the night time.
    Excuse me if you already know that point!

Or maybe you couldn't go wrong with Phoenix Park and the zoo. Or even the Dublin City Centre. Around Grafton Street get pictures of the buskers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are you driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Are you driving?

Yep and trying to get the most out of my 48hrs, hence the reason for asking!
    lol

If you take the road from that goes into wicklow either the R115 or R117 (most probably the R115). It takes you to a place from where you get an amazing view of the whole dublin city. I always thought it'ld be an amazing place to take pictures. Especially during the night time.
    Excuse me if you already know that point!

Had forgot about the view point over the city, havent been there in awhile.

Well, Glendalough is one of the obvious ones. Head up along the Bray coastline too, in Dublin, you've got the Botanic Gardens and Glasnevin cemetary in walking distance, Phonix Park, Iveagh Gardens, north then up to Malahide & Balbriggan, etc... Loads of places to head off to.

• Advertisement

Well, Glendalough is one of the obvious ones. Head up along the Bray coastline too, in Dublin, you've got the Botanic Gardens and Glasnevin cemetary in walking distance, Phonix Park, Iveagh Gardens, north then up to Malahide & Balbriggan, etc... Loads of places to head off to.

Yea glendalough was my first point of call, its only 10mins from home so thats perfect.

I'm so excited! :o

Never get a chance to work on my own portfolio work, so going to go crazy for the next 2days!
    Then ill be back here for my first C&C from you lot! :D

I think your in luck, heard the weather's set to be good. I reckon I'm gonna head out with a 120 or 4x5 at some stage tomorrow. If you see an odd looking chap kicking about a large format camera and muttering expletitives, smile, wave, and walk away :pac:

I think your in luck, heard the weather's set to be good. I reckon I'm gonna head out with a 120 or 4x5 at some stage tomorrow. If you see an odd looking chap kicking about a large format camera and muttering expletitives, smile, wave, and walk away :pac:

haha normally I would but if thought it was you I'd probably stop to pick your brain! :P

Going to head to the exhibition opening saturday night, looking forward to seeing some of the work. I'm relatively new to anything that isn't sports.

Jemmy wrote: »
    haha normally I would but if thought it was you I'd probably stop to pick your brain!

Jaysis, slim pickings there tbh :p

Jaysis, slim pickings there tbh :p

Yea true! :p

Ah no seen a few of your shots, v good!

• Advertisement

Ha! Cheers :pac:

Actually, Poolbeg is another fantastic place to head out to. Would be another fave of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You could also visit Powerscourt...
    I always found Bray to be a kip so i'ld avoid that.
    Dun Laoighre is a good place though. You could get pics of some sailors etc.
    I think Greystones has some good spots too.

But i'ld say, probably after visiting Glendalough just take a drive up to Enniskerry up the R117, take pictures of the wicklow valley and stuff on the way, go upto Dun Laoighre, take some pics of the boats, sailors and people and then come back down the R115 stopping at that Dublin view point i mentioned (while its getting dark so you can get the dublin city lights) and then taking some pictures of around Sally Gap while you're at it. If you've got the time you could take a visit to Powerscourt (or you could visit Powerscourt before setting off onto the R117, however suits you) and take a couple of pics of the waterfall.

Oh and after you've gotten back home, don't forget to post your pics on here!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Luggala/Glenmacnass Waterfall

Borderfox wrote: »
    Luggala/Glenmacnass Waterfall

Ok being from wicklow I know I shouldnt be asking this but em where?! :confused::o

EDIT: Nevermind http://www.frommers.com/destinations/countywicklow/A34757.html
    :D

Thanks.

Advertisement