Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with brand new 40" TV - can anyone help?

• 20-03-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I'm new to this so apologies if this thread is not in the right place!

I bought a 40" Samsung flat screen just last week and it's acting up a little.
    You could be watching it for hours and it will be fine but then for some reason the screen will go completely black for 1 or 2 seconds and then back to the channel again. Sometimes as well just before the screen goes black, the colour seems to go from it (reminds me of the old telly I had when the colour tube went)
    I can't figure it out....
    Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

bring it back to where u bought it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Are you using Sky (or NTL) for your TV? If so, it could be a loose connection between decoder and TV... make sure the SCART lead is firmly connected at both ends!
    Does it happen only when watching TV or can it happen while watching a DVD / blu-ray ? Try narrowing it down...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BingBangBoody

Hi Guys,
    I went back to the store today where I bought the TV...
    They are going to replace it as it's a genuine fault with the TV itself (so they say). Hopefully we won't have the same problem with the next one:rolleyes:
    Just to answer some of the questions....it doesn't happen with the DVD player, it plays just fine with no interuption.

I could scream! Bought a new Electrolux washing maching the same day and there's a problem with that too. It keeps filling with water even when its not plugged in! Unbelievable!

Empited it this morning (after opening the door and flooding the utility room) and came back this evening to the house only to find it full again!

So disappointed!

Advertisement