Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

really messed up my computer

• 20-03-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hey guys i really messed up my com, i dont even know what i did,i cant open any software.... if i double clik on anything even videos spybot search and destroy shows up and when i deleted that, nothing will work at all,i dont have system restore turned on so im really screwed,any ideas.....
    i am running windows vista home,the com is gaming pc xfx 780i mb,sli, quadcore i have about 500 gig of video and pics and dont want a restart, but if i do, i dont know what to do any ideas , and on startup nothing will start antivirus and all.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

sounds like you have yourself a virus my friend but what you need to do is start windows in safe mode (hit f8 on boot) and see if you can uninstall whatever is causing you the problem. Possibly download a stand alone executable virus scanner from norton or mcaffee cause you might not be able to run your one in safe mode.

If you can get into your files in safe mode then get an external hard drive and copy them across. If you can do this I'd consider a reformat and start fresh with some updated anti-virus.

this isn't really the section for this you'd have far more success in the windows forum or the antivirus one what ever its called:D

Advertisement