Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best software to make a dance tune?

• 20-03-2009 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

ive got some great ideas in my head anyone know a good program to unleash my talent :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Read the stickys in the production forum! There are many options, you will need more than just software tough, a soundcard, controller and monitors will be needed.

Abelton, Reason4, Fruity Loops, Cubase are just a few programs most of which you can get a free demo of and there are tutorials on youtube to teach yourself.

Good luck you will need it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Ill have a look at them stickies.I heard fruity loops before is it the easieast of the lot to make dance tunes.I have plenty of free time so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I like Fruity Loops, a lot of people think of it as a toy but it really isn't. Its got a very intuitive interface, runs VSTs, DX plugins, internal summing engine of 64bits, has nice plugins with it. The latest plugins in the new releases are top quality. The EQ2 is fantastic, Maximus and the limiter are fantastic, theres loads more aswell. The only thing it is weak for is Reverb, Synths and Flange/Chorus but if you know anything you'll be using your own plugins for each of these. Couple that with you're own drum samples and you're well on your way to making tunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

What kind of dance?

Irish jig? Flamenco? Ballet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

ive got some great ideas in my head anyone know a good program to unleash my talent :)

Well it all depends on your experience level, but anyone who's seen my threads or responses in the past knows I'll big up Ableton over everything else. Have you used any music software or seen any being used in the past?
    Reason and fruityloops are also good for dance music. But I'd stay away from cubase or logic or anything on that end of the spectrum if you're just starting off. Have a peek at some of the user video's on youtube and see if anything looks like you'd like to give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well it all depends on your experience level, but anyone who's seen my threads or responses in the past knows I'll big up Ableton over everything else. Have you used any music software or seen any being used in the past?
    Reason and fruityloops are also good for dance music. But I'd stay away from cubase or logic or anything on that end of the spectrum if you're just starting off. Have a peek at some of the user video's on youtube and see if anything looks like you'd like to give it a try.

Aye, pretty much what he said.
    FL studio might be the handiest to just get started straight away and make some noise, Ableton would be my preferred one though, it takes a bit of learning but is well worth persevering with.
    Logic and Cubase have an evil learning curve, but are apparently among the best out there if you're prepared to put the time into them (thinking of doing a Logic course soon myself)

Ok lads I just bought Ableton Live 7.
    I'll be making dance tunes like deadmou5 and solar stone etc.
    I'm a total beginer and haven't the slighest clue whats what not even what trebble is lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'll be making dance tunes like deadmou5 and solar stone etc.
    I'm a total beginer and haven't the slighest clue whats what not even what trebble is lol.

windup?

Guard says "your friends told me everything, now just tell me what happened"
    You "oh no starts crying sorry guard this is how it went...."
    Guard "laughs to himself...." kids.......

Are you any way street wise ? lol

Advertisement