Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot Solutions or John Buckleys any good?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to get a good pair of trainers for running and playing five-a-side football. I have flat feet and get lower backpain if the shoes aren't right for me. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations about either that Foot Solutions place on Grand Parade or John Buckleys across the Lee are any good.

Regards,
    h.a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I was asking a marathon runner for a good shoe place in Cork the other day and he highly recommended John Buckleys. Have not been there yet but he said they are professionals and the only crowd he uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Buckleys seems to be the favourite for people into their running. Went there a while back because I wanted to try a bit of running again (didn't last:o). Guy spent a good bit of time going over tings before picking a shoe for me.

Havent heard anything about the other place.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

"The Edge", a newish shop on North Main street also does gait analysis. I quite like the stuff they sell

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Thanks for the info.

Will call into John Buckleys over the weekend...badly need new trainers cause one of my current pair died/exploded at football the other week:D

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

+1 for John Buckleys, they are a nice bunch in there and they really know their stuff. In addition to their knowledge on running shoes, they have a good range in stock at any moment in time, I've yet to pick out a pair of runners to be told they don't have them in stock in my size (unlike other shops I've been to:mad:).

Also when making a purchase in there make sure to ask for a discount card, it will give you a 5% discount on all purchases which helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I think it's 10% actually!

Yeah, John Buckley's are very good. They know their stuff. Had knee problems recently and his advice really helped in picking a pair that (touch wood) seems to have sorted it out for me.

Foot solutions may well be good for non-running shoes. I've never tried them. The place on North Main st (The Edge) is worth a look too, although I found them a tad more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

I went with John Buckleys in the end.
    Excellent service and very friendly too.

Advertisement