Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterways, Ashtown, D15.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

gurramok wrote: »

At present a 2bed there is 248k, horrendously still overpriced.

I agree on the 2 beds not being worth those prices. My reasoning being that there are plenty others around at close to that price.

I must admit though that I'm surprised at how much of a battering some people are giving Ashtown! As i've mentioned before my Sister used to live there and I often visited and found the place to be fine with good amenities (That have gotten better since). I'd have no issues living in the locale and find the canal path a nice attraction. OK, so maybe there are times when a few unsociables gather but never saw any problems myself. I often jogged along the canal path and never heard a peep from them.

I live in Santry btw, so I've nothing to gain/lose from this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ashtown is like an enclave traffic wise. They are surrounded by a constant down level crossing on one side at Ashtown and another at Cabra, while the only escape route is the river road westwards to the choc a bloc M50 or through Finglas nearby!

Regarding the canal, its fine daytime if you ignore any 'knacker drinkers' at the canal, they may be uncomfortable to walk past(i walked past 2 oulfella's drinking last night just a few strides from the cafe) they don't harm anyone.
    Its at nighttime where the issue is when youths congregate, i even saw 3 dodgy looking youths carrying a pack of Bud Light last night, they got off the 120 bus and proceeded northwards along the canal to get a sheletered spot!

Anything along a canal/river which is open to the public always attracts the wrong element in this country, its just the way things are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Why do knackers love scenic areas so much? You'd think with all the drink and drugs they're taking they wouldn't care where they are, yet they seem to appreciate areas of natural beauty as much as the rest of us!

Because the gardai don't patrol there, the offenders are less seen in 'greenery' areas than on a lit up street.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

gurramok wrote: »

At present a 2bed there is 248k, horrendously still overpriced.

Couldnt agree more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

Why do knackers love scenic areas so much? You'd think with all the drink and drugs they're taking they wouldn't care where they are, yet they seem to appreciate areas of natural beauty as much as the rest of us!

They also have an affection for horses and ferrets . . why ?

Whats going on at the O'Reillys bridge end?

As well as the black barriers which could do with a paint job, are they going to build more apts to replace the demolished house at the lock?(behind iron sheets)

Couldnt agree more

Here's a 2bed apt for 150k in Tyrellstown. http://www.daft.ie/1418618
    2 bed houses are askin 200k, only a matter of time that they are reduced further.

I'd advise your sis to wait before signing a contract on Waterways as yet more and more 2nd hand property in good nick for immediate occupation will come on stream in her price range so she would get more value for her money.

Advertisement