Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembering songs...!

Options
  • 20-03-2009 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how to actually remember a (cover) song :confused: I can play them when I have the chords and lyrics laid out in front of me, but if prompted to play one at a party or whatever I usually have to decline as I can't remember either the lyrics or the chords :o It sucks

Any suggestions? Anyone have this problem?

Frustrating!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Depending on the songs you are covering , you could carry a cassette of your stuff to pop into a machine to refresh your memory .But that might defeat the purpose of spontanious playing in first place .

I dont play guitar ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A friend of mine played his first gig tonight. Unfortunately, he was the last act on, and he only had time to perform one song. Problem is, he can never remember the final verse of that song! He was reading it all night trying to memorise the lyrics. I'm waiting on his permission to upload a video of the performance on Youtube, but he's pissed off because he forgot so much of it.

Usually just playing/singing the song enough in your spare time should work. I know about 50 songs (lyrics and chords) off by heart just from playing them so often.

If that doesn't work, just do what Robbie Williams does: get the crowd to sing the parts you've forgotten! :D

Advertisement