Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I LUV VAN HALEN

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The fact that axl is the only existing member is hardly 'strictly my opinion' apart from dizzy of course.

Go ahead type gnr into google images search and see what comes up. You guessed it my opinion is right there too.:D:D:D

Times have changed, move on rather than mulling over one lineup that lasted pissing time and created one album.

Life's too short, build a bridge or something. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Tbh GNR have lost the magic. The Chinese Democracy sold on the strength of AOD and UYI 1 & 2 and anyone ive talked to says it was a disappointment.

The next album would want to be amazing to spark any interest imo.

On topic

Class song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

*cough* dizzy reid *cough* (was in the illusion line up!)

Check lineup info here (now swap Robin Finck for DJ Ashba)
    http://www.dailymusicguide.com/Features/chris_pitman_axl_rose_guns_n_roses_chinese_democracy_25112008_1631.aspx

Tbh GNR have lost the magic. The Chinese Democracy sold on the strength of AOD and UYI 1 & 2 and anyone ive talked to says it was a disappointment.

I don't buy that at all. How can you say an album sold on the strength of it's predecessors when the band were as good as dormant for 15 years? Tell it like it is, the album sold because people bought it because they were interested in hearing what the hell they sounded like after such a long absence. Which brings me to the next question

If people heard Oh My God from the End Of Days sountrack and didn't like it, then why did they buy Chinese Democracy and expect it to be any different? Especially when they knew the majority of the Illusion lineup walked years earlier. If you know you're ordering the sh*t sandwich, then don't complain on how bad it tastes, simple as. It wasn't Appetite II, it wasn't Illusion III, but if you were expecting either, then you had rocks in your head.
    The next album would want to be amazing to spark any interest imo.

I think it will generate interest because Chinese Democracy got slated so much that again, people are sheep and will listen to it to see if they do slide further down.

This i do agree with, won an MTV award that year as well if i recall correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Amazing pre-chorus.

Celebrate good times c'mon. Amazing song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ahh van halen. some great songs, some cack songs.

Heres one of my fave "van hagar" songs

and for all you fighting over roth/hagar:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I was never mad about the Sammy Haggar stuff, but obvisouly I love the most of the David Lee Roth stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bohsmug

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Roth never had a great voice, but he was able to use it to the best of his ability, unfortunately that ran out many years ago. And Eddie's been a miserable git since his false hip in 1995.

Have you actually seen them live? Or are you just repeating off what the "Internet sayz?"

Right back at you sir. Have you seen Van Halen recently?
    Best gig of my life 23rd May last year, Madison Square Garden, Van ****ing Halen! Roth was awesome as was Eddie. I was at the side of the stage, 5 seats up on Wolfies side. I'm telling you he was playing. That miming stuff is bull****.

It's Roth for me anyway. Don't really have any time for Van Hagar but Poundcake is a great song. Chickenfoot sound decent too.

Dave's vocals from Runnin' with the Devil; http://www.thetyser.com/

bohsmug wrote: »
    Right back at you sir. Have you seen Van Halen recently?
    Best gig of my life 23rd May last year, Madison Square Garden, Van ****ing Halen! Roth was awesome as was Eddie. I was at the side of the stage, 5 seats up on Wolfies side. I'm telling you he was playing. That miming stuff is bull****.

It's Roth for me anyway. Don't really have any time for Van Hagar but Poundcake is a great song. Chickenfoot sound decent too.

Dave's vocals from Runnin' with the Devil; http://www.thetyser.com/

I haven't personally, although I know about five personal friends who did. And they're not Hagar disciples or anything.
    I like both eras myself personally. I think one could do with the other failed miserably. Hagar has the voice but his stage presence is somewhat bland. Roth ain't much of a vocalist, but you're guaranteed an awesome show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Great band.A lot of bands could learn from them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Saw them in 84 at Castle Donnington and they were fantastic.
    DLR for me all the way. Even his first solo album Eat Em And Smile is a classic.

Anyways, I`m somewhere in there:

Advertisement