Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet Pills

• 20-03-2009 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, hope this hasn't been done already but I was just wondering if there is any one who knows any diet pills that work and if so where they get them. I've tried Hoodia, but it didn't work. Also if you've had a bad experience with any particular type, would appreciate the warning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I hate diet pills. One of me mates used to take them a few years back and she would puke and poop like a lunatic after them. She was delighted though. Cant be healthy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

blondi19xx wrote: »
    Hi, hope this hasn't been done already but I was just wondering if there is any one who knows any diet pills that work and if so where they get them. I've tried Hoodia, but it didn't work. Also if you've had a bad experience with any particular type, would appreciate the warning.

If diet pills worked, obesity would not exist.

As Eileen G has stated invest in a good multi-vitamen and some fish oil. Take a look at diet and exercise and come to a consensus on what you think you could do to achieve your aims but please, diet pills are not the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Smarties work well, take one at 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.

Seriously, many of those pills do use that simple trick. It gets people thinking ahead and not eating as much so they will have an empty stomach at that time, rather than grazing on food all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

rubadub wrote: »
    Smarties work well, take one at 11am, 2pm, 5pm and 8pm ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.

Oh, I like that.

Yes, I've often reckoned that the only real benefit of diet pills is that you have to think about what you are eating, so make better choices.

Blondie, the only diet pills that produce clinically significant results are all banned or on presciption, and they have nasty side-effects. My sister was on Xenical (the precription version of Alli) for a while and she literally shat herself. Not fun. Oh, and clinically significant means something like a loss of 10lb in three months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Actually, I've thought of one supplement which would actually help you lose weight. No prescription or side effects. Every day, eat at least five portions of green vegetables. That's green veg, not a combination of fruit and veg. And I mean a good decent sized portion, not three peas and an artistically arranaged spinach leaf.

5 portions of green veg won't even hit 200 cals, but it will fill you up, give you loads of fibre and all sorts of healthy micro-nutrients. And it will make it a lot easier to skip the snacks.

In fact, I'd suggest you can eat snacks whenever you want, as long as you eat a big portion of broccoli first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 blondi19xx

ya suppose ye are right, thanks for talken some sense into me. i have a friend who has just lost a load of weight and she claims its diet pills but she is probably having the nasty side effects ye were on about. well she can keep her pills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 amy12

if you are really looking for a good one... try Phentermine. I tried them they do work but dont use them for too long! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

amy12 wrote: »
    if you are really looking for a good one... try Phentermine. I tried them they do work but dont use them for too long! ;)

Yeah, cos amphetamine-like substances are the bomb :rolleyes:

OP if you want to lose weight, exercise and post your diet up here for advice on where you're going wrong. I lost four stone in ten months by doing that and it was 90% diet changes.

Advertisement