Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy festival sydney - Des Bishop, Dylan Moran & David O'Doherty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Melbourne Comedy Festival

From Wednesday, April 01 2009
    To Sunday, April 26 2009

goto Comedy Festival site ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

gyah!

stupid non-re-entry visa. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bishop played Perth the past three nights. Went along tonight and he was very, very good. Had seen him in Vicar St. back him and I like him a lot, though I know loads of people who hate him.

Only $20 so bit of bargain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I went to a preview show on friday for the Sydney comedy festival, $15 for 3 hours and I think 8 comedians!
    Fantastic bargain.

The sydney shows are 10mins walk from my house so will defo go see a few more, esp smaller up and coming artists usually around the 20-30 mark is a steal!!

Last year I seen David O'Doherty for $26 and same with Mark Watson.

A few friends went to see Des just before Xmas in sydney, they said it was a mostly Irish crowd, but he made plenty of jokes about Australia etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Otis Lee Crenshaw

theres something in the fermentation
    Makes ya wanna Grow a Mullet
    Makes ya vote One Nation
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Went to a gig on tuesday in the Comedy Store 6 comedians for $16 Maeve Higgins was one of them, well worth a visit

Did anyone see David O'Doherty in the Metro last night? He was class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I seen him last year and he was class, off to see Dylan Moran and Pablo Fransico on monday - they should be great.

Tempted to see David O'D tonight, Mark Watson is on next friday for around $35, that would be worth a laugh

another guy called Reggie Watts is playing next saturday for $20, all great shows

so cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Cheers for starting this thread BTW as I only learnt about the comedy festival on boards!

DOD well worth going to see. He's got aload of new material I didn't see any of the jokes he did last night on youtube except for the "I recently finished the internet" but that was a quick one liner!!

Must check out what else is on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Going to see DOD tonight. I've seen him about 3 times at home so looking forward to it.

Went to the Gala in the Enmore on Wednesday night. 12 or so comedians on for about 10 mins each.

Highlights:

Pablo Francisco (brilliant at doing the voice over guy).
    His performance was ruined somewhat by the overly loud american girl behind me that proceeded to shout Pablo all the way through his set.

Jeremy Hotz ( the man is just a legend)

Sugar Sammy (brilliant piss take of the lebanese and aussies)

Mark Watson (never saw him before, was very impressed)

Advertisement