Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Triton shower?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Couple of questions I am replacing a 9 year old Triton T90si with a T90xr

1. Have been told all connections are same and should be easy enough job - true?
    2. How much should it cost for electrician to install (Shower will be provided)?

Thanks for replies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

was a similar post in electrical forum.afaik they come in 8.5/9.5 .anything over 9kw is pretty much exceeding the capacity of the regular 6sq cable and 40amp controls.not a problem for new work but a consideration for a replacement job.take a look at the post anyhow.if connections are identical a sparkie can fit and test in a short time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Just recently replaced an old T90si 8.5 with a T90xr Old one was in there for years, depending on your knowledge/experience you could do this yourself.
    What is the power rating in kW 8.5 9.5??
    The fixing holes are not in the same place but the electric and plumbing connection is. I used one of the old holes and drilled few new ones
    Best put in the max for wiring 16mm sq cable, all the instuctions in the box, thought I might have to up the RCD for the shower but didn't in the end.

If you are in anyway uncertain about working with electrics/plumbing, get someone in, as for costs dunno
    I was quoted €800 by some chancer,

I havent seen the other post so I'd throw an eye in there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

€50 euro max. If you are supplying shower.

Advertisement