Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats next on your Radar?

• 20-03-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Right, Over the past 12 months we've literally been spoiled for choice, with AAA titles and "Big" releases coming thick and fast.
    GOW2, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Fallout3, COD5, SFIV, Farcry2, Resi5 to name but a few. (I've still got Fallout in the wrapper - simply haven't had the time to give to it.)

When Madworld for the Wii hits my doormat this morning, I thought "Hmmm, what next...." and couldn't think of the next title on the horizon, and I got a little scared.

So whats on your radar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A long summer drought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Operation Flashpoint 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena (If Demo is decent, otherwise will be just renting it)

Alpha Protocol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

UFC: Undisputed
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Ghostbusters

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Op Flash 2 could be good, the original I don't think got the following it deserved here in Ireland.

Ghostbusters could be fun too I think and Batman Arkham Assylum is also on my "must investigate" list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Battlestations - Pacific.. fingers crossed its as good as I'm hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Operation Flashpoint 2 , COD MW2, ARMA 2 and Battlefield 1943 :D

I forgot about Battlefield 1943...

It should be great, looks like its gonna be 1600MS points when it comes out.

Might add Battlefield: Bad Company 2 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Operation Flashpoint 2 , COD MW2, ARMA 2 and Battlefield 1943 :D

+1

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Looking forward to the Godfather 2, I know the first one only got average to good reviews, but I loved it. Can't wait to beat some extortion money out of some bakers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

godfather 2 here as well

loved the first one... criminally underrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Surely Alan Wake must be coming near completion soon or at least an hopeful release date ..........to be pushed back. Remember hearing about this one ages ago. Hope it doesnt end up on the scrapheap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Diablo III if it ever comes out on the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

UFC: Undisputed
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Ghostbusters
    Fight Night 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hang on a sec. Everyone seems to have missed something important:
    A-Trak wrote: »
    (I've still got Fallout in the wrapper - simply haven't had the time to give to it.)

I CAST THEE OUT SATAN!!!!! :P

I'm looking forward to Batman: Arkham Asylum and Godfather 2. I don't want to get my hopes up in case they end up as duds though, so I'll remain weary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

humanji wrote: »
    I CAST THEE OUT SATAN!!!!! :P

I figure Fallout is a bit like crack.
    I'll put in in for a "5 minute bash." I'll come too 2 weeks later, with a new beard, smelling like a tramp with a note from the girlfriend on the fridge saying she's left.

On topic - remembered Bioshock 2 is in development!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bionic Commando maybe... (or has that come out already and been a big pile of poo? kind of out of the loop at the mo)
    Other than that, just Duke Nukem 4EVA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Bioshock II, Diablo III, Starcraft II (definately won't be on Xbox though), COD:MW IV, Fallout 3 DLCs, Mass Effect II (not due till 2010 though).

The Batman game could be interesting too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll put in in for a "5 minute bash." I'll come too 2 weeks later, with a new beard, smelling like a tramp with a note from the girlfriend on the fridge saying she's left.!

Fallout doesn't work like that. Give it an hour since the first hour is a bit boring. Once you are into the capital wasteland there's no going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Looking foward to Mass Effect 2, really enjoyed the first and the second should be even better so long as EA take a back seat and let Bioware do their work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Call me pessimistic, but I kind of worry that Mass Effect 2 will get rushed in the same way Knights Of The Old Rebublic 2 did. I hope to god it doesn't, but it's become a trend not to finish games and patch them later, recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

smooch71 wrote: »
    Operation Flashpoint 2

This is going to be a great game, i still play the original!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

halo expansion I guess.

anything else I'll get for pc if its multiplatform.

if ghostbusters isn't, i'm there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll put in in for a "5 minute bash." I'll come too 2 weeks later, with a new beard, smelling like a tramp with a note from the girlfriend on the fridge saying she's left.
    And it will have totally been worth it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I really have to catch up with current games (eg: SFIV, Madworld, COD: WAW, Megadrive Ultimate Collection, Persona 4, Fallout 3 and a few more) before I start thinking about future releases. Although I'm looking forward to Modern Warfare 2

humanji wrote: »
    Call me pessimistic, but I kind of worry that Mass Effect 2 will get rushed in the same way Knights Of The Old Rebublic 2 did. I hope to god it doesn't, but it's become a trend not to finish games and patch them later, recently.

Well ME2 aint out till early 2010, and its been in development for a while already, so I wouldnt say they are rushing it (too much). Here's hoping it'll be great too.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 was not developed by BioWare anyways, they did the 1st one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I never got to give RE5, CoD5, GoW2 a proper chance. Didnt like any of them when I first played them. Im gonna get CoD MW 2 and that better be good unlike all the other hyped up games. Although its not out until the 4th Quarter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

ARMA2 is due out fairly soon and should be followed a few of months later by Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising. Both games are going to be fairly similar to each other, as they're both supposed to be follow-ups to the first Operation Flashpoint.

Not sure of the details but it seems like there's a bit of bitterness going on between the two software houses involved. Both claim to be the true sucessor to the original game and therefore trying to out-do each other.

Which in my mind is good for us gamers, as we'll have the choice of two simulator shooters in free roaming landscapes (200 square kilometers, I read somewhere), huge choice and range of weapons (150+), weapon customisations and a vast range of both air and ground vehicles to jump into. Grahics look sweet too from what I've seen on YouTube.

My mouth is already watering at the thoughts of them both :D

As for CoD MW2... end of the year seems a long way off yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Might give Arkham Asylum a look, gameplay seems interesting.

Apart from that, Broken Steel for Fallout 3, will get all the DLC's and play through again.

Though an Elite 360 loks to be the most pressing purchase, I'm approaching the dreaded 3 years of ownership and my console is stuttering and losing sound a few times, RROD can't be far away. Plus i want the 120Gig HD, current one is at the "delete to make room for other games" stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Batman:Arkham Asylum looks pretty cool, hopefully it'll live up to the hype. Other than that, the Fallout DLC and Banjo Tooie are coming soon!

Advertisement