Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black & White Photos

• 20-03-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there. My friend's birthday is coming up and I would love to get a black and white photo of 2 old ladies laughing or having fun? I'd love to get one framed and give it to her to represent us in about 50 years!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

So what's your question then? :o

Are you looking for someone to give you a photo like that or suggestions where you might find them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Zingara

sorry, I'm looking for where I can find old photos to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 janek81

Zingara wrote: »
    black and white photo of 2 old ladies laughing or having fun

maybe it would be better idea to find 2 old ladies and someone who can atually take a picture of them on film camera and then make a picture out of it and frame it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Zingara wrote: »
    sorry, I'm looking for where I can find old photos to buy.

Try flickr. If you find one then send an email to the owner and ask if they will sell you a print. I'm sure they would have no problem selling one to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

How much are you looking at spending???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Why are you thinking about taking your local bingo hall hostage in order to get this pic - just for a few bob. Oh the shame;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

try www.shorpy.com

some great old prints up there for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

You are more than welcome to use one of my photos if you find something you like. Just ask for permission, as I have put an "all rights reserved" copyright on them to prevent people nicking them. As many other photographers have mentioned before, one hopes to reach a standard where one's work would be actually worth nicking...

Advertisement