Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking boots in Sydney/NZ

Options
  • 20-03-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi, we're in Sydney at the minute, and heading to New Zealand in about two weeks. We're doing the Inca trail after and were wondering if anyone has bought hiking boots in either of these places. Any recommendations on where to buy and what brands would do the job would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Can't help you with the boots but thought I'd just tell you to make sure you do the Tongariro Crossing when in NZ. That'll certainly break in the boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

Kent Street has about 10 shops, in case anyone else wants to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Paddy Pallins is the place to get good hiking gear. Not exactly cheap, but its Australia, it will seem very cheap to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

I have a size 9 pair, you can have them for 60 bucks if you want. Bought them for 100 euro in Ireland, only used about 5 times. PM me if interested.

I'm pretty sure you could rent a pair if you don't want to haul them around. I rented some equipment in Motueka for a 3 day hike. But it's probably more economical to buy your own.

The Department of Conservation offices are really good for helpful advice in NZ. I'd highly reccomend going into one before a hike, there's one at each park. You're in for a treat.

Advertisement