Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crows on my Roof

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Magpies are a kind of crow.

Correct. They are all members of the Corvidae family, order Passerines. They have a lot in common- including a fondness for bright shiny things.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

7 joules written on the side of it.

That's a firearm.

Anything over 1 Joule is a firearm and requires a firearm certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jackiejeff

Shane
    Thank you thank you for the post and recommendation from a friend about the crow be gone cd. I went to their website www.crowbegone.com and read the testimonials and directions. I figured that if they say it had a money back guarantee why not. Yet still skeptical I contacted paypal and they told me also that the site crowbegone has a money back guarantee and paypal also has a money back guarantee with them. What do I have to lose for 20 bucks?
    To my amazement the cd worked the first time I played it. Within minutes the crows were all gone.
    My husband was do pleased that we don't have all that caw, caw, cawing going on in our neighborhood.
    We were so amazed we told our friends and also told them to read the directions. We are so pleased that we joined this forum to let you know.

THANKS FOR THE PEACE AND QUITE and the return of our song birds.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jackiejeff

smccarrick wrote: »
    I don't usually recommend websites- but a colleague used this successfully: http://www.crowbegone.com/

Shane

Thank you Shane
    Jackie & Jeff :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

would a REAL falcon do the trick??? maybe a natural predator is in order

• Advertisement

failing that barbed wire on the roof or scarecrow perhaps to stop them resting might be in order...if you go down this route can you post a pic I would really love to see/hear what your neighbours think best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

I'm surprised that no one has suggested that the OP cleans the roof and gutters. My parents house gets Jackdaws on it and the only reason they are there is because there is food in the form of bugs and grubs under the moss on the roof and under the moss and other crap in the gutters. When they get the roof cleaned (lasts a couple of years) the birds go.

eirator wrote: »
    I'm surprised that no one has suggested that the OP cleans the roof and gutters. My parents house gets Jackdaws on it and the only reason they are there is because there is food in the form of bugs and grubs under the moss on the roof and under the moss and other crap in the gutters. When they get the roof cleaned (lasts a couple of years) the birds go.

naahh wheres the fun in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

gjc wrote: »
    naahh wheres the fun in that

So its really you throwing bread up on his roof at night on the way back from the pub :pac:

"I am having major trouble with crows on my roof every morning. They come at dawn and make a fierce racket. It is so annoying. Pecking and stamping on the roof and gutters. it is really loud and wakes everyone in the house. We are at out wits end with them and its is really affecting my sleep"

Find yourself some other action at night time

• Advertisement

eirator wrote: »
    So its really you throwing bread up on his roof at night on the way back from the pub :pac:

you caught me out however i find birdseed scatters better and gives a wider spreed on the roof

Advertisement