Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raid problems.

Options
  • 20-03-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

just built myself my new rig.

i7 920 @ 3.35 (essentially 3.5 with intel turbo)(coolermaster v8)
    6gb crosair @ 1339
    2 x 250gb wester digital hdd
    bfg oc gtx285

thats the guts of the pc. im having problems with raid. basically i can set raid 0 in bios and bios reads it fine and then i go to install vista 64 bit and it said the hdd is not usuable. so i tried to install the raid drivers to which it tells me it wont install the drivers as its not verified windows driver. tried windows xp x86 to which i have similar problems. atm i have dual boot. windows xp on half of one of the hdd's the other half shared. and windows 7 64 bit on the other. there is no problems with booting up either os's but when in the os's i cant see the partition that the other os is installed on. not too sure if this is connected with the raid problems but thought id mention it.

its not the end of the world having the dual boot like this but it would be nice that i get the most of wat ive got.

Advertisement