Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature's Miracle cat urine remover

Options
  • 20-03-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,

One of my cats had an accident on my carpet and I'm desperately looking for a product to get rid of the awful smell and stain.

Does anybody know if Nature's Miracle is available in Ireland? I cannot seem to find it, if it is.

Alternatively, has anybody had success with other products?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Biological washing powder will do the job as far as the smell goes, but I'm not sure about the stain as all my carpets are dark... You can get a stain and odour remover from the pet shops, but it smells worse than the cat wee!

If your cat is going to the toilet in inappropriate places regularly, it's a good idea to bring it to the vet to get checked out for UTI, as this was the problem with my cat and she's much improved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fatcat

Thanks, Blueprint.
    I've washed the soiled area with biological laundry detergent. It's better but there is still a smell when you go into that room which I know from experience lingers for months.
    I'll just have to go at it again with the bio washing powder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 soulstaf

If you don't clean it up thoroughly, the cat is likely to go again in the same spot!

Clean up when your cat is not in the room as to not to give attention for the marking!

Never use bleaches or disinfectants -they smell like urine to a cat, so does anything pine, rose or lemon scented.
    Use warm water with ten per cent solution of biological liquid or powder. Then rise the area thoroughly in cold water and let it dry.
    Next apply some surgical spirit. Use a nail brush to get this into fabric- this gets rid of the fatty residues that prompt a cat to top up his scent. Dry this off completely.

Did your cat toilet or scent mark?

Either way you need to find the reason and resolve the problem to prevent further toileting/scent marking!:)

Advertisement