Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security tag left on top...lost the feckin receipt!

Options
  • 20-03-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

right now to start this off i am NOT a thief!!

right so anyways ages ago i bought this top in a well known Dublin mens clothes shop only to discover that the bloody shop assistant left the feckin security tag on!!! This was ages ago and i couldn't find the receipt anywhere so i just forgot about it and now i wanna wear the top!

does anyone have any suggestions of how to get the security tag off (ie with a brick or sumthing haha!)without it destroying the top by unleasing a chemical die all over the place or ripping the top?AH anyone do this before succesfully?:pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Go in and say;

ye left the bloody tag on.

Wheres your receipt?

Not everyone keeps receipts like they are winning lotto tickets, please remove the tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

By bringing it back to the shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Why not buy the exact same top again, hold onto the receipt, then go back the next day with the old one (the one with the security tag still on) and get a refund?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pair of pliers (sp?) and some patience.

Happened to me before, came off eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Wow tealeafs are using the net now eh? You think we're gonna tell you how to get rid of a security tag? How about we tell you how to break into a house and scramble the alarm?

If you're silly enough not to bring it back to the shop the next day when the assistant would have remembered you then you dont deserve any help getting it off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

This happened to me last week. They never took the security tag of a pair of pants i bought (I hate pants and i especially despise pants shopping).

I was going from shop to shop not knowing the tag was setting off the beepers cos i had my headphones in.

Luckily i had the reciept and went in the next day and got it taken off.

I had a look on youtube to see how to take it off (i didnt research it too well tho) but it seems you need a specially crafted tool to do it and all the guys in the videos sounded like total scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

That is if this doesn't work, of course...
    Go in and say;

ye left the bloody tag on.

Wheres your receipt?

Not everyone keeps receipts like they are winning lotto tickets, please remove the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

I agree. Slowly is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If it looks like a thief, and smells like a thief.. :P

Bring it back into them. If they wanna go into it then tell them to check the cameras and till receipts from the time you were in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

connundrum wrote: »
    That "wise old saying" is flawed. If something looks like something and smells like something it doesn't actually mean that they are in fact that something. Take Christina Aguliera. She looks like a whore, smells like a whore yet she's not a whore. In fact she's an internationally succesful popular music artist.

Anyway Pighead subscribes to the exact opposite of that saying: Never judge a book by it's cover.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Have you tried turning the top off and back on? If that doesnt work I suggest shouting at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

Bring it back into them. If they wanna go into it then tell them to check the cameras and till receipts from the time you were in there.

thats my problem i bought it in the sales AGEs ago cant even remember the day it was before xmas so there hardly gonna have camera evidence. i swear to god im no thief haha!i just need a way to get it off ah i might try the pliers and a clamp..see how i get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just go back and pay for it, or make a donation to charity to account for your guilt:pac:

thats my problem i bought it in the sales AGEs ago cant even remember the day it was before xmas so there hardly gonna have camera evidence. i swear to god im no thief haha!i just need a way to get it off ah i might try the pliers and a clamp..see how i get on
    Its prob out of fashion now anyway. Just bin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

My brother bought runners yesterday, same thing...
    Rip that mother off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Ring 999 and tell them there is a bomb in yer pants. The Army Bomb Disposal Unit should arrive shortly afterwards and do a controlled explosion in your pants. Problem solved.

Seriously OP, they are only some sort of plastic with a magnet inside, yeah ? I'd imagine a hammer and a set of pliers should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Used happen in my old job. I had no problem taking it off for people as long as they didn't appear to be total cream crackers.

Ring the store first, ask for the manager and explain your situation.

That is unless you did rob it and are in fact a cream cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Kiera wrote: »

Oh the fickle nature of the modern woman. ;)
    Relevant wrote: »
    Used happen in my old job. I had no problem taking it off for people as long as they didn't appear to be total cream crackers.

Ring the store first, ask for the manager and explain your situation.

That is unless you did rob it and are in fact a cream cracker

The manager will know that cream crackers can't use phones. Sounds like a plan!

Oh the fickle nature of the modern woman. ;)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Get a strong magnet, isn't that how they do it in the shops?

Could be totally wrong here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Can the security tag be used as some form of accessory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Get a strong magnet, isn't that how they do it in the shops?

Could be totally wrong here

That's for the security yokes on CDs, DVDs etc. The clothes ones are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

Relevant wrote: »
    Can the security tag be used as some form of accessory?

haha it was actually topman so they probably do wear the security tags as some sort of pseudo trendy earring or necklace...wouldnt surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Get your hand a big ass Magnet and failing that try FIRE.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Get a pen, draw an out-line of the security tag, then cut around it.

Cut random security tag shaped holes around the garment, and cooly tell enquirers that you are a trend setter.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

It happened to me before. I managed to cut it appart with excess force. Just watch out for ink die inside the fecking thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Go back to the shop.

be sure not to wear your pyjamas while doing so though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Kiera wrote: »

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

Dragan wrote: »
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde
    After Hours is a place for laughter and jokes. - Kiera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If it's an ink tag then read here...
    http://blog.andrewwatters.com/tag/

Google is your friend though really...

Advertisement