Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 28

• 20-03-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Jornada 28 Fixtures
    Villarreal v A.Bilbao - Saturday, SS2 7pm - Home
    Sevilla v Valladolid Saturday, SS2 9pm - Home
    Deportivo v Betis - Home
    Getafe v Recreativo - Draw
    Racing v Valencia - Draw
    Barcelona v Malaga Sunday SS3, 6pm - Home
    Real Madrid v Almeria Sunday SS3 8pm - Home
    Numancia v Sporting - Away
    Osasuna v Espanol - Draw
    Mallorca v A.Madrid - Away

Some good games this week. I can see Real thumping Almeria by a few goals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

One of the goals of the season from Fernandes. So many passes and a beautiful little jinking finish.

2-0 Beeyareal.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Actually see the big 2 struggle this week can see Almeria picking up a point at the Bernabeu and Malaga beating Barcelona. Also wouldnt be surprised if Mallorca turn over Atleti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

No Villa, Silva, Jaoquin or Miguel for Valencia. Can't see them winning that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Brilliant by Messi!

Barca 2-0 up, Xavi with the first

Henry for three, lovely pass from Xavi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Messi's goal was unreal. Barça are back to their best so far in this half. Hopefully it continues to the end of the season.

And Eto'o makes it 4-0 before half time.

Eto makes it 4, one way here! Another nice assist by Xavi

Alves makes it 5. Málaga are shocking tonight!

Eto with number 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had to leave.
    Still only 6-0? :pac:

Frisbee wrote: »
    Had to leave.
    Still only 6-0? :pac:

Yeah, just finished. 6-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FT Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 1 Real Betis
    FT Getafe 2 - 1 Recreativo Huelva
    FT Numancia 2 - 1 Sporting Gijon
    FT Osasuna 1 - 0 Espanyol
    FT Racing Santander 0 - 1 Valencia
    FT Real Madrid 3 - 0 Almeria
    FT Barcelona 6 - 0 Malaga

Real Almeria spoilered as delayed coverage is on Sky now.

Looks like its the end of the line for Espanyol, if it was not already. Good win for Valencia given who was missing.

Barca were sublime earlier in what I have seen. The pass for Alves' goal was outstanding. Finish not too shabby either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

gimmick wrote: »
    Barca were sublime earlier in what I have seen. The pass for Alves' goal was outstanding. Finish not too shabby either.
    Jaysus, last week I had to leave the Barca match at half time and missed both goals. Today I come in at half time and it's already 4-0 :eek:

If they're playing 'Pool or Chelsea in the CL semis, I'd better not watch it and just catch the highlights of their win afterwards :)

Eto'o was awful for the last half hour though - I know they were 6 up but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

brilliant performance from barcelona they have now scored 84 goals in 28 games:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

brilliant performance from barcelona they have now scored 84 goals in 28 games:eek:

They have an overall record of 120 goals in 44 games with 40 conceded this season in all competitions averaging 2.7 goals per game this season. They average a goal against every 1.1 games.

EDIT: Here is a comparison with Man Utd this season.

They have an overall record of 86 goals in 47 games with 30 conceded this season in all competitions averaging 1.8 goals per game this season. They average a goal against every 1.6 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

redout wrote: »
    They have an overall record of 120 goals in 44 games with 40 conceded this season in all competitions averaging 2.7 goals per game this season. They average a goal against every 1.1 games.

EDIT: Here is a comparison with Man Utd this season.

They have an overall record of 86 goals in 47 games with 30 conceded this season in all competitions averaging 1.8 goals per game this season. They average a goal against every 1.6 games.
    Ah sure all those liga teams are sh1te though :rolleyes:

(or so my mancunian amigos keep telling me)

In all honesty I think Barca would be scoring more than 6 against an outfit like Newcastle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Dunno about that but Barca's defence is in need of improving I reckon. They have conceded 10 goals more than United in three less games. How many teams do you know that conceded three goals in the knockouts of the champions league and still advanced ? While on defence Real Madrids has been a shambles this season.

EDIT:Real Madrid

They have an overall record of 80 goals in 38 games with 47 conceded this season in all competitions averaging 2.2 goals per game this season. They concede 1.2 goals against per game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

So just the 3 goals and clean sheet tonight for Madrid then.

Advertisement