Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dump on old TV

• 20-03-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

In light of the thread here already, I need to get rid of an old TV (its about 20years old). Am not buying a new one. Is there some where I can get rid of it for free limerick/tipp/clare area?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

For free noone that i'm aware of, for 3 quid, try the place on the mungret road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the reply. What place on the mungret road. Shur €3 is practically free! It wont break the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Across from the cement factory, you can't miss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you bought a new tv to replace the old one then the shop where you bought it are obliged to take the old tv as there is a recycling fee already included in the price of the new tv.

You can also bring it to the recycling centre at Hegarty's yard on the Tipperary Road if that side of town suits you better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

eye place in the mungret is you only job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

your local dump will take it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Homer

Don't suppose it's still working by any chance? If so, i'm sure somebody would be happy with any type of TV? Charity maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Hegartys on the ballysimon road will take it for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The dock road compound will take it for free. They will charge you for the cardboard box you bring it in.

On that note instead of starting a new thread. I have noticed some stupid people dumping lots of bottles of beer, televisions and computer, lawnmowers, etc etc on the side of the road. Fly Tipping I guess when they can be easily disposed of for FREE on the dock road.

Im shocked at some peoples stupidity sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

Is the Dock Road compound the place in Mungret or is there another place I don't know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Hegartys on the tipperary road provide this facility for free, all you need to do is bring it out there and drop it in provided bin. They will also take a variety of other goods such as vcrs, monitors, computers, fridges etc...

It's locatated just after the recently closed down Pat Keogh's car sales on the left hand side heading out the tipperary road..

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I thought this thread was going be something total different.
    I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Try
    http://www.freecycle.org/
    you can advertise it there and see if anyone wants it.
    Also some interesting stuff on there. Better than throwing it away, the WEEE incentive has been invented to encourage people
    to throw stuff away, rather than give it to someone who might potentially buy something new instead. All power to the multinationals,
    time to take it back!
    Or you could dump on it of course, but what you do at home...;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ahahahahaha - yes, I confused an O with an A in the thread title.....what a difference it makes.

hehehe I thought noone would notice....hehehehe.

There are a few things that I need to get rid of
    1. TV (I am not buying a new one. Just want to get rid of old one). TV is over 20 years old...it takes about 10mins to turn it on.
    2. Old sandwich maker that doesnt work
    3. Broken George Foreman grill

Would hegartys take these? Dont mid paying a few quid to get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes they should take the lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha - yes, I confused an O with an A in the thread title.....what a difference it makes.

hehehe I thought noone would notice....hehehehe.

There are a few things that I need to get rid of
    1. TV (I am not buying a new one. Just want to get rid of old one). TV is over 20 years old...it takes about 10mins to turn it on.
    2. Old sandwich maker that doesnt work
    3. Broken George Foreman grill

Would hegartys take these? Dont mid paying a few quid to get rid.

If it's still working, why not advertise it on Freecycle. Why pay money to throw it away rather than give it to someone who might still get a bit of use out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loll12

do u no wot time it closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

The recycling centre beside Musgraves on the Park road will take electrical stuff for free aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I thought this thread was going be something total different.
    I'm a bit disappointed to be honest

My suspicions are confirmed - this place is rampant with deviants . . .:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'm sure the TV is well dumped by now..

zombie thread shall rest..

Ha in before IO! whoo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement