Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty LCD TV purchesed from ebay store - help

• 20-03-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I needs some advice.

I recently bought an LCD TV from an ebay store. After a few days it developed a serious fault. The TV is refurbished. I have mailled them numerous times advising them I would like to return it for a refund, they haven't replied. The store is based in blanchardstown.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

whats the name of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Luzerntech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

so there is no contact number for them on their website. have you tried contacting ebay on the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

I would suggest bringing the tv to the store accompanied by a printout of the receipt.

It could just be a simple misunderstanding where they dont check emails very often, but there is a slim chance of that happening if they are selling on ebay. Do you have a www address for their ebay shop?

Many online stores and ebay stores will say that you are not entitled to a refund on second-hand stock but as far as I am aware the law says otherwise. I think it is law that any retailer must only sell goods that are up to standard and in good working order. (dont quote me on that)

But i still would recommend bringing the tv to them, or if you have a number for them give them a call. If they say no, then maybe open a dispute with paypal (if payed using paypal) or a charge back if payed with credit card.

Anyway, I hope you get your money back or at least a good replacement.

DB

I've tried calling left a voicemail and I've just mailled them again.

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement

This is from their Term and Condititions... Basically says you are entitled to a replacement or refund if no replacement is available.

Luzerntech is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective. In such cases we offer the returns facilities described below.
    All items are supplied with a 90 day warranty, unless specifically stated otherwise.
    It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange and pay the full costs associated with the return of the product to LuzernTech.
    Items should be returned by traceable methods of shipping and adequate insurance cover should be taken out by the customer.
    We regret we are unable to ship advance replacements.
    Luzerntech does not offer a walk in replacement service.
    If a suitable replacement is not available, Luzerntech reserves the right to refund the purchase price of the product , along with the original freight cost. Insurance is non- refundable.
    Returns Procedure
    If an item develops a fault within the warranty period, please email ********@*******.com in order to obtain a Return Material Authorisation number, (RMA). Please clearly write the RMA number on the outer packaging of any items being returned. All RMA numbers are valid for 14 days from the date of issue. Unfortunately, we are unable to process any returns not displaying a relevant RMA number or an expired RMA number.

Also noticed that they dont have the number on the website - by law all details have to be on the site, just like in a letterhead.

Here, take a read of this..

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Faulty-goods/

Take a look at Q.8 on that page too.

Thanks. getting them to reply is the hard bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

luzern are a massive company

they know the procedure

theyre giving you the runaround

keep hounding them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bornio

I also bought an LCD tv from this company through ebay last year. It stated that it was guarnteed for 90 days from date of purchase.Tv was just outside 90 days when it started acting up.I got no satisfaction from them.
    A friend of mine bought an item from this company.It stopped working after about a month. She sent back item and got a replacement.
    It seems a lot of these items are refurbished.From my experience I would not reccomend buying refurbished items from this company.

• Advertisement

I've opened a case with paypal. If i get no joy I'm going to initiate legal proceedings next week.

theUbiq wrote: »
    I've opened a case with paypal. If i get no joy I'm going to initiate legal proceedings next week.

The good thing about opening a dispute with paypal is if they dont respond to it in a certin lenght of time (cont remember how long) you automaticly win and paypal reverse the transaction. But your still left with a broken tv..:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

theUbiq wrote: »

Did you pay through Paypal with your credit card? If you did and Paypal don't refund you (it's been known to happen) you can contact your bank and see how you're covered with them, if at all. I don't know what it is for faulty items but for items not received I've gotten a refund twice through my cc company after Paypal didn't refund me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rbrady

Hi theUbiq,

I know it's a bit late for your query specifically but for the benefit of the other users if you need to contact someone in customer services you can call on 01 811 9080 and select option 1 for customer services. They would be more than happy to help you with your return query.

We do try to answer all emails within 48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards,

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

rbrady wrote: »
    Hi theUbiq,

I know it's a bit late for your query specifically but for the benefit of the other users if you need to contact someone in customer services you can call on 01 811 9080 and select option 1 for customer services. They would be more than happy to help you with your return query.

We do try to answer all emails within 48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards,

Ronan

Save yourself the trouble of having to deal with them after you buy your tv etc by buying from someone else, stay well clear...

I bought a 42 inch Philips tv from Luzerntech for 800 euro and tv broke after 2 years. They were a nightmare to deal with and would do nothing at all for me.
    Steer clear from them

mark2000ie wrote: »
    Save yourself the trouble of having to deal with them after you buy your tv etc by buying from someone else, stay well clear...

I bought a 42 inch Philips tv from Luzerntech for 800 euro and tv broke after 2 years. They were a nightmare to deal with and would do nothing at all for me.
    Steer clear from them

What was the lenght of the warranty. If it was expired then then shop really dont have to do anything, but just out of curtisy they should at least explain to you what the proceedure is so your not left in the dark.

I mean, you are a customer of theres and should be treated with the same respect they would expect to get if they were in your shoes.

Customer service should possibility the top priority of any business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

mark2000ie wrote: »

The poster you're replying is (or was) an employee of the company being discussed, and this thread is over a year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement