Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens our emails once we graduate??

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what happens our ucdconnect emails once we finish our degress? im finished this may, but will it continue to work for me, or will it suddenly stop when we graduate?? im going to be staying on in ucd for a masters so will it let me use that e-mail again next year??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

not so sure what happens when you do a masters but you'll never see it agin once you graduate and leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭r14

Don't know if its true for all but I've been gone almost a year and I'm not doing a Masters in UCD and I can still log in and send/receive.

I can also still use all the library resources/electronic journals etc.

It might shut down eventually but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

r14 wrote: »
    Don't know if its true for all but I've been gone almost a year and I'm not doing a Masters in UCD and I can still log in and send/receive.

I can also still use all the library resources/electronic journals etc.

It might shut down eventually but so far so good.
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

That's a really good question, I think if you're staying on for a Master's they allow you to use the same email system as now, I think you lose it when you leave permanently, my room mate is doing a master's now and he still has the same email address as he had in 1st year, so I don't think that once you get your final results that all of a sudden ucd erects it's 'electronic walls':rolleyes: (bit dramatic I know!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

If you progress straight from your under grad it just stays with you - you don't have to do anything.

At least I didn't this year for my masters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

I'm not in ucd anymore and my email is still working and i can still log into computers. I know people a few years out who are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Just in case, you can set up e-mail forwarding on your ucdconnect account. Everything from my ucdconnect account gets sent on to my gmail account, so I never even check the ucd one. It also filters out all the spam ucd mail gets rather nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wow, I didn't know I could still log in cos I graduated in 07! It works though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You can also use Mozilla Thunderbird to download your UCD mailbox locally onto your computer. Just select all your mails in the IMAP inbox and drag them to the 'Local Folders' icon.

Advertisement