Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoked Cod

• 20-03-2009 3:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was out in Howth today looking for a nice bit of smoked cod,I could not find it in any of the shops.I got talking to one of the lads that works in one of the shops and he said they don't smoke cod anymore,is this true..?If its not were could I find some..?

I ended up getting some smoked coley.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you can get smoked coley you can get smoked cod. There was talk of a ban on smoking or smoking additives a while ago, as they were said to cause cancer (what doesn't). I think artificial smoking might be banned or some substance in particular. Cod is rarer due to shortages in the ocean, so you have similar fish being sold now, I expect many chippers really use some other white fish and claim it is cod.

So for those 2 reasons smoked cod might be harder to get.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks for that,it certainly makes sense.

Advertisement