Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I wanted to book a skip for a day to clear out some rubbish at home. A1's website quotes €155 including VAT but when I put in the details it's going up to €170.

I've tried calling them but am just left on hold...

See attached screenshot. Anyone any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just a guess but could they be charging for delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I booked one with them before (over a year ago) and I don't remember an extra charge being there for delivery.

Also, they give the price and state that VAT is included, no mention of delivery. They'd wouldn't have delivery as an extra would they? I'm harldy going to go and collect it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

I thik it must be something wrong with the website because I just entered details to hire a skip for a year and I can get it for 170 for the year LOL

skip.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

The site says from €155. I thought it might have been down to the day of the week it was required, but it doesn't seem to be.

However, a mini-skip doesn't change in price at all. Peculiar.

Advertisement