Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for old DL360 hard drives

• 20-03-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

***Mods please move if not appropriate***

Hi Guys

I do some voluntary work for a local Abacus school for Autism looking after their IT infrastructure etc. We have kindly been donated 2 DL380/DL360 servers minus the scsi disks. As the IT budget is non existent I'm trying to source a few disks for them cheap or preferably free. ;) As the nature of these things most companies would destroy them after decommissioning but on the off chance someone has a few lying around gathering dust I'd appeciate them.

Thanks

ding

Model info:

Compaq Proliant 72GB 10k RPM Universal Ultra3 SCSI Pluggable Hard Drive for DL360/DL380 G1 G2 and G3 Servers. (232432-B22 Server Hard Drive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

I don't have any of those old SCSI disks but I'll ask the company that has our hardware maintenance contract. I'm nearly sure they'd have one or two lying around somewhere. If not, I can ask my old employer (get on very well with my old boss), I know they have loads of G1's to G3 servers...I built most of them :D

Will do my best & update on Monday.

Cheers
    Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hey Alzar I'd really appreciate that and thanks a million! :cool:

The DL's are great servers and we're lucky to get a couple. The current server 'pc' is hanging on by a thread and although backed up is a bit of a worry.

*** Crosses Fingers ***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

My colleague & I just removed about 50U of servers from the Data Center I manage over the past few weeks. We haven't disposed of the hardware yet and definitely have a few compatible disks (and caddies that should sort you out too; they're from older HP & Compaq boxes).

I'm not 100% certain we have that many 72GB disks though (there's certainly a few 9GB/18GB/36GB ones). Would other capacities be of any use?

I'll have a look for a few 72GBs anyway if we can spare them. We do need to keep a couple ourselves for replacements. But if we do have them, I won't have them destroyed - I'll DD them and put them aside for you.

Hi WetDaddy. I'll PM you. Thanks I apperciate that! I'll take anything thats on offer.

Cheers

ding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Ding,

have asked for you. am awaiting a reply.
    will update when i get an answer.
    cheers

Al.

• Advertisement

Still on the lookout for a few of these if anyones decommissioning old G1/2/3's.

Thanks

ding

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

9/18/36 is all i would have either .. interested? pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bit 64

Hi Dingatron, I have a few (only 18GB) modules and a couple of caddies for the DL's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Dingatron wrote: »
    Still on the lookout for a few of these if anyones decommissioning old G1/2/3's.

Thanks

ding

Just a note, generic HDD's will work fine in the DL360. You'll just have to attach the caddy.

-Funk

Thanks. I've no caddies either so I'd accept unwanted caddies also please.

• Advertisement

Just a note to thank all for the offers. I collected 4 x 18 GB drives and 2 spare caddies on Saturday from Boris. Your a gent. :cool: Have a base build now and I'm working through migrating the school to a more resilient and secure environment.

Once again thanks to all who replied and on behalf of Abacus I wish to pass on their thanks for the kind donation. :D

ding

Advertisement