Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any archaeology students here??

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

are there any 3rd year archaeologists here??? i noticed how strong the thread on history is going and how helpful it must be, just wondering if there is any for archaeology here??

if so how is the bronze age essay going? as usual ive left mine until the last minute! im doing the hoards one but its killing me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The 3rd History thread is one of the great coincidences of this forum. Anyway I do Greek and Roman Civilisation and History. A lot of archaeology in GRC. What do you do apart from archaeology?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

The 3rd History thread is one of the great coincidences of this forum. Anyway I do Greek and Roman Civilisation and History. A lot of archaeology in GRC. What do you do apart from archaeology?

linguistics

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rambo87

hey im doing the same essay- did it today!!

loadsa readings online- i got emailed pdfs from someone too- do you want them?? jo bruck and stuff

google scholar may give you good info too - you will get the first chapter of bradley - passage of arms there

The book which basically helped me do it was Harding 2000- bronze age societies in europe
    loadsa those in the short loan- its cream and blue -

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The Bronze Age is nasty. What are the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

rambo87 wrote: »
    hey im doing the same essay- did it today!!

loadsa readings online- i got emailed pdfs from someone too- do you want them?? jo bruck and stuff

google scholar may give you good info too - you will get the first chapter of bradley - passage of arms there

The book which basically helped me do it was Harding 2000- bronze age societies in europe
    loadsa those in the short loan- its cream and blue -

cheers for that, which essay did you do? this one is really killing me! just so boring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

hey there i am doing the essay on the bronze hoards but im finding it pretty tough! is anyone else doing this and if so did you come up with many different interpretations? i wasnt sure if i should just do a few in detail or come up with a good few in less detail .... stressin a bit because i think she is a fairly hard marker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

long boring bibliography alert! but bradleys stuff is excellent and has most of what you need. the rest will help you out too id say (depending on the question obviously) best a luck...

Barrett, J. C. and Needham, S. P. 1988. Production, circulation and exchange: problems in the interpretation of Bronze Age bronzework. In J. Barrett and I.
    Kinnes (eds), The archaeology of context in the Neolithic and Bronze Age: recent
    trends, Sheffield: Dept. of Archaeology and Prehistory.

Bradley, R. 1984. The Social Foundations of Prehistoric Britain: themes and variations in the archaeology of power. Harlow: Longman.

Bradley, R. 1990. The passage of arms: an archaeological analysis of prehistoric
    hoards and votive deposits. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Barrett. J.C. 1985. Hoards & related metalwork. In Clarke, D. V., Cowie, T. G. and Foxon, A. (eds.) Symbols of power at the time of Stonehenge. Edinburgh: National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland.

Dickins, J. 1996. A remote analogy? From central Australian tjurunga to Irish Early
    Bronze Age axes. Antiquity 70.

Kristiansen, K. 1978. The consumption of wealth in Bronze Age Denmark. In
    Kristiansen, K. and Paludan-Müller, C. (eds) New directions on Scandinavian
    Archaeology.

Verlaeckt, K. 1998. Metalwork consumption in Late Bronze Age Denmark. In
    Mordant, C., Pernot, M. and Rychner, V. (eds), L'Atelier du bronzier en Europe du
    XXe au VIIIe siècle avant notre ère, Tome III: production, circulation et
    consommation du bronze. Paris: Comités des Travaux Historiques et
    Scientifiques.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rambo87

i did the one on hoards

the first few chapters of bradly - passage of arms is on google books and its in the photo copy buerau

Advertisement