Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Equipment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Originally Posted by yank_in_eire
    Hi All-
    Selling my PSE Baby G Force
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-sports-f...und-bow/822785

Nice fast bow - would be perfect for field archery. I used it for 1 season of whitetail deer hunting in the States - now that I can't hunt with it I never use it anymore. It's in basically new condition and comes with a pile of gear and a sexy lockable hard case. The bow gets locked into the case by screw down rubber bars - it's bombproof. If the airline didn't destroy it on the way over here then it must be decent right?
    Included are:
    11 Beman ICS carbon arrows with field points
    3 pin fibreoptic sight
    quiver
    sling
    Stabiliser
    Peep sight
    Mechanical release
    and last but not least a few armguards

Thanks for looking!
    Chris

Hi All -Still available and the first 300 will take it. Come on lads that's a hell of a bargain for you, courtesy of our **** economy. Need to get this sold!
    Cheers
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Does anyone have any such equipment that they no longer use or want. My 3 sons and myself are interested in taking it up,
    Cheers

Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Hi,

I'm looking to get a recurve bow/set, ideally with a wood or wood-looking riser (the Martin X-200 would be nearly ideal) with about a 22lb draw to start with. I'm 5'10", right handed.
    Anyone tiring of their kit and prepared to part with it for a reasonable sum?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

and...

bags of beiter quad rods

1 x white 41" rod
    1 x green 33" rod with one green 10" side rod
    1 x red 37" rod with 2 10" side rods

1 bag of green and red colored bieter side pieces
    1 bag of various ends and connector bits

and some arrows: all are in excellent condition in the case of the acc and ace and fmj, only shot once. arrows measure from end of carbon or aluminium to nock groove using easton standard nocks.

23 a/c/g 480's, 31.5" long, 120 grain break off steel points, pin nocks, and mckinney flo yellow #2 nocks, 4" white wrap, with easton shield vanes (200's)

12 a/c/e 400's, with screw in points. wraps and spin wings with pin nocks and and orange easton X10 #2 nocks - 31" long

13 easton lightspeed 400's - 29" long, standard nib points, 7" white wraps, with easton shield vanes (200's)

13" easton a/c/c 440 spine (3-39) 29" long with standard nib points, 7" white wraps, with easton shield vanes (200's), 1 extra arrow 1/4 inch shorter (mistake on the saw)

12 Axis FMJ 500's, 31.5" long, screw in points, 7" white wraps, with easton shield vanes (200's)

• Advertisement

lastly, some recurve gear

KAP winstar II riser (pretty good nick, comes with rest & shibuya button)

KAP challenger Long 28" limbs

Arco Spigarelli Spiga Revolution Riser, in Black & yellow, moderate nick, comes with original button and rest.

Samick long 22" limbs (are the beginner ones, cant remember the exact ones but the cheapest ones)

Hoyt 900cx 48" limbs, long

w&w apecs-n 42" limbs, long

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jjcahill78

One year old, used 2 or 3 times, still in the plastic. This is a complete set suitable for beginner/intermediate archer.

Bow Samick Privlage
    Dacron string
    Arrow rest
    Cartel sight
    Case
    tab
    Arm guard
    Bow stand
    Cartel Quiver
    6 arrows

Can be viewed in Carlow or Dublin
    Any question, give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 31 blankstare90

Hi, anybody got any 2nd hand gear around munster? Looking for beginner recurve stuff. My ideal would be a RH 70" bow @ 26lbs but a good 25" riser would be a great start. On a tight budget!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Don't suppose anybody happens to have a Hoyt Matrix riser (25") that they no longer have a need for and with which they would like to part?

Seen one down the club last night and it is a really nice riser. Have looked online (Google & Ebay UK/US) but no joy.

So if anybody would like to place one in a loving home, give me a shout.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The Matrix was once a top of the line Hoyt riser, they still command a reasonable price. Try Ebay UK but be aware in most cases you'll need to contact the vendor in advance so that people from Ireland can bid on it. It seems to be set for the UK only by default.

You could also try leaving a message on the 'Archery Ireland Buy and Sell' on Facebook.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

greysides wrote: »
    The Matrix was once a top of the line Hoyt riser, they still command a reasonable price. Try Ebay UK but be aware in most cases you'll need to contact the vendor in advance so that people from Ireland can bid on it. It seems to be set for the UK only by default.

You could also try leaving a message on the 'Archery Ireland Buy and Sell' on Facebook.

Yep, guy at club and girlfriend both shoot matrix risers and explained the risers history and also advised that they woudl be as rare as hens teeth :) which is proving to be the case.

I have/had my eye on the Hoyt horizon riser, but I just liked the look of the Matrix wehn I seen it last night.

Cheers for the heads up on the Archery ireland Buy & Sell Facebook page, I didn't know ablut that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brianzilla

Don't suppose anybody happens to have a Hoyt Matrix riser (25") that they no longer have a need for and with which they would like to part?

Seen one down the club last night and it is a really nice riser. Have looked online (Google & Ebay UK/US) but no joy.

So if anybody would like to place one in a loving home, give me a shout.

I gotta agree with greysides. You will find it pretty tough to get one, most people who have one (myself included) would not be interested in parting with theirs.

If you are looking for a "good" Hoyt you should look at the Hoyt Nexus. You can only get them second hand now, unless you find a shop with a few in stock. It is the riser that came after the Matrix.

Good Luck,
    Brian

brianzilla wrote: »
    I gotta agree with greysides. You will find it pretty tough to get one, most people who have one (myself included) would not be interested in parting with theirs.

If you are looking for a "good" Hoyt you should look at the Hoyt Nexus. You can only get them second hand now, unless you find a shop with a few in stock. It is the riser that came after the Matrix.

Good Luck,
    Brian

ArcheryShop.ie have the Hoyt Nexus advertised for €440 (5th riser down on page) is this the one you mean?

It's not too bad though the colours shown don't do much for it :) Might give them a call and arrange to drop down to them for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brianzilla

That's the riser alright. Yeah those pictures do not do it justice, Google should get you some better images. One of the advantages the Nexus has over the Matrix is that it accepts some of the more modern Hoyt Grips, even the standard grip on it was radically redesigned for optimal hand placement.

There might be a few second hand Nexus risers on this thread if you go back through it.

B

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Ebay UK has both models turn up from time to time.

I know a source of Nexus risers if you are interested but they are new and full price, €547.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Ebay UK has both models turn up from time to time.

I know a source of Nexus risers if you are interested but they are new and full price, €547.

Cheers greysides, but Nexus is only €440 on ArcheryShop.ie or is this price listed without VAT added?

I don't know. Give them a ring, my one concern is that the page may be out of date. However I've found the Nexus for closer to your price elsewhere too but they definitely are sell-out models- what's left over.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

hi all
    im on the look out for some cross x ambition carbon arrows any thing 700mm to 900mm will be ok
    let me know how many you have and how much ure looking for them
    rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

mossy69056 wrote: »
    hi all
    im on the look out for some cross x ambition carbon arrows any thing 700mm to 900mm will be ok
    let me know how many you have and how much ure looking for them
    rgds
    got sorted
    cheers folks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scolew

Selling two archery sets:

1 emerald star carbofast bow with case, arrows, weights etc. (250 euro)
    1 junior archery set complete with arrows etc. (100 euro)

Not sure of the technical specs, selling for a relative.
    Photos/viewing available upon request.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hi all, making way for a new bow, so I'm selling my current AFB.

Falco Carbon Spirit
    Right handed.
    66"
    40lb
    2 strings
    Modified deer antler grip

I will get some pictures up tomorrow. I'm in Waterford, but go to most shoots around the country. I want €150 for it.
    Thanks. :)

This is the bow:
    http://www.thelongbowshop.com/products/Falco-flatbow-Spirit-Carbon-%252d-stock.html

Keep an eye on Ebay also.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sitka

Anyone got a Hip Quiver for sale?
    Left or right hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I'm looking for a case for my compound bow, does anyone have one they want to sell?

• Site Banned Posts: 24 thesnip3r

looking for a cheap compound bow... any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭einheit51

Anyone got a pair of 28 /30 pound universal limbs (any manufacturer) willing to part with prefer medium or long.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Howya people, would anyone have a longbow floating around for cheap? €100/120?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

The Stealth Youth Compound Shoot-Through Bow Kits are now available at McSport.

DESCRIPTION

This great Petron Stealth Youth Shoot Through Recurve Bow Kit is perfect for both adults and kids fun in the garden!

The Stealth Youth Shoot Through Kits come complete with 2 fibreglass arrows, armguard and finger tab.

Ideal for all members of the family who want to try archery.

Fun for all the family. Instructions on the box.

This kit has a 20lb draw weight and 22 inch draw length. Shoots 85 FPS (foot per second).

Great fun for outdoors in the garden. Ideal present idea for boys. Can be used for both left/right hand.

Ages 14 +.

Comes in a gift box so ideal for giving as a present. Also perfect for target practice exercises.

This bow and accessories have been designed to be used as a sporting product for target archery only

Not to be used for children under the age of 14 years and for outdoor use only.

FEATURES:

Ages 14 years plus.

This great Petron Stealth Youth Shoot Through Recurve Bow Kit is perfect for both adults and kids.

Ideal for all members of the family who want to try archery.

Fun for all the family. Instructions on the box.

This kit has a 20lb draw weight and 22 inch draw length. Shoots 85 FPS (foot per second).

Comes with 6 Arrows

2akk96r.jpg

Looking for about €60

Send me a PM if anybody interested

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SteveBabyface

Looking for a recurve bow + extras - preferably a 25" RH riser and limbs around the 28/30lb mark along with any extras that might be going eg sight, arrows, bag, stand etc. I don't have a big budget but will do my best depending on equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

RH black Samick Vision 2 riser. 25inch
    SF Premium Limbs, 26lbs - 28lbs.
    Joomong Scorpion sight.
    Shop bought string (would recommend making your own if you buy) or you are welcome to the one i have.

Bought in Ireland at Christmas.
    Minimal use, genuinely only shot once a week for past three months so in absolute excellent, brand new condition.

Genuine reason for selling - eye dominance issues.

A real bargain, honest to good god!!!!

Sad to see her go, she is a real beaut.

Location, able to meet north Kildare, Lucan, Liffey Valley.

Happy to email pix to those genuinely interested if the following attachments haven't worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement