Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Hand Equipment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The GMX has the same geometry as the Matrix (and my old GM) so you've lost nothing and gained a more modern riser.

260370.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dave10

Has anyone by any chance got a cheap compound or recurve bow for sale? I'm looking for one to try out the basics and to see if I'll be interested in taking up archery. I know that I would probably be better of joining an archery club and trying from there but would prefer just for now to get a decent bow cheap enough. I would prefer a 30-40lb draw. Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Dave, a 40# bow is a heavy bow. After 4 years I'm pulling about 40# now but with 36# limbs as I draw past the length the limbs are marked at.
    Even 30# is heavy for a beginner, especially if you've a long draw. There is technique involved in how you pull a bow so as to lessen the effect of the weight held and minimise the effect on your joints and muscles, against injury.

Arrows to fly straight need to be matched to the held weight and draw length otherwise they will veer left or right.

So it's not just straight-forward.

The other thing a beginners course provides is instruction in safety and a safe location to shoot in.

Compound bows are techy things and I'm not familiar with them but I believe they have to be adjusted to your draw length, which would need to be constant.

Either a 'have-a-go' session, a visit to an amusement park that offers archery or a beginners course is what I'd recommend for you to decide if you like archery without too much money being invested.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JemimaPD

I've the following Bow and equipment to sell:

23” W&W Inno RX Carbon System Riser with Cover
    Cartel K-Sight
    SF short 36lb Limbs
    Black Sheep Long Rod and Side Rods
    Xpert V-Bar
    W&W 6” Bar extender
    Cartel Brace
    Shoco Rh Medium Chest Guard
    Cartel Quiver
    SF Rh Medium Finger Guard
    Stringer
    Flex Arrow Puller
    Arm Guard
    Wrist Sling
    Bow Stand
    2X Bow Strings
    Legend Archer Streamline Bow Bag
    Arrow Tube
    Bohning Tex-Tite Bow String Wax

All queries and photos , please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Hi all.

As the header states, I have 3 compound bows for sale. All are competition bows, 2 x Browning dual cam, and 1 x PSE Mach 10 solocam. Both Brownings were used for competition target archery, but the PSE is practically brand new. It was purchased as a back up bow that was not needed. All bows have launchers fitted. I have the following items...

1 x Browning Vanguard
    1 x Browning Pro 600
    1 x PSE Mach 10 Solocam
    2 x Toxonics sights 1500 model
    4 x short rods (Beiter)
    2 x Long rods (Beiter)
    3 x Release aids ( 1 trigger release with leather wrist strap, 1 BK Hunter thumb release and 1 T.R.U sweet spot back release).
    1 x Longshot Quiver

I have tonnes of extra bits and pieces such as stands, arrow pullers, knocks, tool etc.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me. I shall try to get some pictures up shortly.

Thanks for reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Arcus Arrow

Hello

I have a bunch of stuff for sale. I'm interested in selling the whole lot together. For anyone wanting to set up a shooting range on private property this is everything you need.

1 Silent Hunter (by High Country) compound bow for sale
    Texonics sight, 3D Rover arrow mount and Carobfast Ultra Hunter stabiliser
    1 Fletchmatic’t release
    Safety Netting 9ft by 6ft colour green
    2 arm guards 1 short 1 long both black
    5 X 80cm FITA archery targets
    1 Cartel Fletching tool with spare fletches
    1 Neet De Luxe Leather Hip Quiver with 4 tubes worth
    1 Gompy Hip Quiver
    23 Arrows Easton Platinum Plus 2016 aluminium

http://www.donedeal.ie/fieldsports-for-sale/compound-bow-and-archery-equipment/5413088

http://pix.ie/frpost/album/471897

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

HI im selling a A 55-40lb Petron compound bow that is brand new in the box , only shot around 10 times when tuning.
    has been tuned,waxed and is ready to shoot,
    ON the bow is] a pin sight , spider leg silencers, Nocking points and a D-loop
    EXTRAS include:
    10x Armex carbon arrows with screw tips
    A trigger release aid
    also some beewax and d-loop material
    PM for photos and price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

Sorry folks, I never seem to be able to post fotos properly on boards, so here's the link to a bow I'm trying to sell for the brother in law. I don't shoot recurve so I'm not sure what these Yamaha EX bows are like, but this guy usually only goes for top notch gear. I'm open to correction on that so maybe some of the more seasoned members could let me know if this is a decent bit of kit- or not. Thanks.

http://www.donedeal.ie/othersports-for-sale/left-handed-recurve-bow/5457515

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nato

Excellent condition.
    24" Ragim Ranger Bow
    10 quality arrows
    Bow Case
    Quiver with 3 arrow case inserts to carry arrows securely
    Target Sight
    Bow Stand
    Bow Stringer
    2 Leather Armguards
    Leather Tabs
    String slightly frayed but still usable
    Was bought for right hand and eye dominant archer.

Link to Done Deal ad http://www.donedeal.ie/othersports-for-sale/archery-set-for-sale/5509386
    €165 ono

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi, I have the following for sale, all perfect condition practically brand new just a couple of cosmetic scuffs from when you draw a bow a couple of times, selling due to lack of time to practice.

This kit contains absolutely everything you need and more.
    Samick Vision Recurve Riser 25" - Right Handed - Red

Samick Vision Basic Recurve Limbs - Size 68" - 32#

Aco Hockii Tab - Medium - Right Handed -Black

SF Premium Carbon Magnetic Bow Stand

Cartel CR Stabiliser with Dampener - 26"

Aurora Quiver Dynamic Shark - Right Handed - Black

Legend Pro Tour Backpack - Red

Xion Super Rest

String Flex Bow Stringer - FlexTringer

Striker Plastic Armguard

MAC Chest Guard - Gents - Large

Shibuya Magnetic Rest Ultima - Red - Right Handed

Joomong Scoprion Sight - Black - Right Handed

String Flex PRO Recurve Bow String

Plus various other extras and about 10 arrows of varying sizes and conditions.
    If you're thinking of taking up the sport this is the kit for you, absolutely everything you need, €500 worth of stuff selling for €150, thats nearly what I paid for the bow bag! Can meet anywhere in Bray or at any DART station you want.

Sorry about the phone pics:

RHPoKPn.jpg?1

A45w9qx.jpg?1

ZPjk4ir.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 breebutterfly

Im really interested in this I have pm you.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, I have the following for sale, all perfect condition practically brand new just a couple of cosmetic scuffs from when you draw a bow a couple of times, selling due to lack of time to practice.

This kit contains absolutely everything you need and more.

If you're thinking of taking up the sport this is the kit for you, absolutely everything you need, €500 worth of stuff selling for €150, thats nearly what I paid for the bow bag! Can meet anywhere in Bray or at any DART station you want.

Sorry about the phone pics:

RHPoKPn.jpg?1

A45w9qx.jpg?1

ZPjk4ir.jpg?1

The above bow^ is now SOLD to Breebutterfly, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Thargor wrote: »
    The above bow^ is now SOLD to Breebutterfly, thanks.

What a bargain! Congrats Breebutterfly, happy shooting!

Bargain yes but you cant sell them otherwise, they just sit there on Adverts and Donedeal forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 breebutterfly

..Brian.. wrote: »
    What a bargain! Congrats Breebutterfly, happy shooting!

Thanks a million. It's gorgeous. Normally shoot barebow so its going to be fun. Going to shoot in uk in 2 weeks so after that the fun begins.

selling 40-55lb Petron compound bow with a d-loop ,nocking points and silencers installed, note it is derailed, im including 10 armex carbon arrrows , wax and everything else you need to start out. bow is perfect all its needs is its string to be reinstalled.
    selling everything for €99

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

All the below:
    1 x Cartel CR-3 Arm Guard Black
    1 x Cartel Super Cushion Pressure Button Silver
    1 x Cartel K-Sight
    1 x Cartel Hunter 301 LONG Arm Guard
    1 x Cartel Arrow Puller Black
    1 x Sebastien Flute Premium Magnetic Bow Stand Red-Black
    1 x Cartel Webbed Belt
    1 x Gompy Bowstringer
    1 x Sebastien Flute Elite Chest Guard Black RH Large
    1 x Cartel Dynamic 501 Quiver RH Black
    1 x Legend FINGER Sling Medium Blue
    1 x Sebastien Flute B92 Backpack with Cannister - Black
    1 x Gompy Leather Bowsling with buckle
    8 x Easton Platinum Plus (xx75) arrows.
    KAP winstar II riser with Sammick privilage 70inch 32lbs,

Barely used, selling due to lack of interest and time to take the sport back up.

All included for €175 but am open to offers. Am based in Celbridge but can arrange to meet for pickup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭einheit51

Please reply by PM. No bidding is allowed on the open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michaeloc3

I have a used morelli bow, 6 morelli arrows FOR SALE.
    Am located in Ventry near Dingle in Kerry.
    Willing to ship. Can take paypal or anything except cheque!
    Very reasonable price, pm for more details.
    Have a good sales record on adverts, ebay etc.
    Welcome to come and see the equipment before purchase.
    More photos etc available on request.
    Also have an arm guard and figer tab/guard for sale.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭FlushEk

Anyone looking to buy a bow and arrow? cheap too

• Advertisement

lb1997 wrote: »
    selling 40-55lb Petron compound bow with a d-loop ,nocking points and silencers installed, note it is derailed, im including 10 armex carbon arrrows , wax and everything else you need to start out. bow is perfect all its needs is its string to be reinstalled.
    selling everything for €99

price drop to 50!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

It is left or right handed? Any damage to the limbs, cams or string?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 olaf94

This bow is a very strong high power bow, it is made up from wood, pig skin and metal. I have two string for the bow because the first one is almost broken plus it comes with a bow bag.There is nothing wrong with this bow, I just need the money now.

This bow is not a toy and should be taken seriously.

I am looking for 230 euro

Wooden recurve for sale. 62". Basic sight & button. As far as I know it's 32lb draw. Could do with a new string but shoots fine as is. Would suit as a first bow for someone getting into the sport. Need it gone to fund a new sight. €55. Any takers? Mods: can't figure out how to reduce or link to pics so will only post one here.DSC_0370.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

booom wrote: »
    Wooden recurve for sale. 62". Basic sight & button. As far as I know it's 32lb draw. Could do with a new string but shoots fine as is. Would suit as a first bow for someone getting into the sport. Need it gone to fund a new sight. €55. Any takers? Mods: can't figure out how to reduce or link to pics so will only post one here.

Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hi all,
    I'm selling my Bodnik Kiowa, hunting recurve. Full spec can be found in the link below...
    It's 40lb @28" and comes with a Bodnik whisper string and bow bag. The bow is only a few months old, never dry fired and stored away correctly. At only 52" this is a very fast bow, 2nd only too the Bodnik Redman.
    For more info and price, please send me a private message here. Thanks, Matt.

http://www.3darcheryireland.com/bearpaw-recurve-kiowa/

Where are you located?

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭FlushEk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90382254@N08/
    FOR SALE.
    50EURO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

michaeloc3 wrote: »
    I have a used morelli bow, 6 morelli arrows FOR SALE.
    Am located in Ventry near Dingle in Kerry.
    Willing to ship. Can take paypal or anything except cheque!
    Very reasonable price, pm for more details.
    Have a good sales record on adverts, ebay etc.
    Welcome to come and see the equipment before purchase.
    More photos etc available on request.
    Also have an arm guard and figer tab/guard for sale.
    Thanks

Hi have still got the arrows if so how much will you sell them for including postage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

hi all, looking to get a Quiver for my compound bow any decent one thats in good ondition at a reasonable price will do.

so let me know what you got

thanks alot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement