Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicam molle question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

sliabh wrote: »
    ... and EBayBanned (the outsider because I hear they are slow?)

... that should be "learning disabled" shouldnt it?

Anyway, the thing with the copy multi-cam stuff is you have to be careful because the quality can be extremely poor. A lot of folk in the early days bought stuff from HK (ehobby in particular) and found it to be extremely shoddy, litterally disintegrating with a couple of uses.

The best thing to do would be to chat to some folks at a venue where you can examine the kind of thing you want in person. You may find that the pieces you were looking at are entirely wrong for your frame (you're a big bloke so chances are most of them will fit you fairly well).

LBV's tend to be built similar to plate carriers and can be difficult to feel BB's shots through thanks to the extra layers, padding etc. They're also inefficient for casual skirmishing since you wont need to use up all of that extra molle space justifying the additional bulk.

Harnesses are a better choice for a simple run around or short game offering the same modularity but none of the excess. The light loadout means you'll be able to feel the BB hits properly and wont need to worry about your maneuverability or silouhette when you are trying to be sneaky.

In the end though it all comes down to personal choice and the specifics of what you want to use it for. If you were a support gunner in a MilSim op you would probably need all the extra molle loops for your ammo and your water and your ammo and your other ammo. A sniper in a casual game you wouldnt need much of anything other than your rifle, sling and a couple of pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

In addition to what was said above...
    Personally I'd stick with either ebaybanned or apextacpro. Both similar and good quality vests. Shipping might be a bit slow but worth it.
    I bought the ciras vest from ebaybanned around Oct '07 and it was brilliant. Traded it on, a couple of months ago and I have to say it was probably as good as when I bought it. Really comfortable and very adjustable size wise. Great value too when you consider the amount of pouches you get with it. I dont know what the quality of the current vest is but mine was fantastic.

The main drawback to the CIRAS is the weight/heat in the summer. It's very comfortable so you can carry a fair load but it's sooo warm.
    Personally I'd get the ciras and a load carrying/blast belt.
    Like this:
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1560

or cheaper version:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Molle-II-Panel-Platform-Waist-Belt-Suspender-Multi-Camo_W0QQitemZ120392840565QQihZ002QQcategoryZ52509QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Great for adding a few mag pouches and drop pouch...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I got that same CIRAS vest from Ebaybanned recently (except in OD) and I have to say I'm very happy with it. Was delivered in less than 2 weeks and the quality is superb. it's very comfortable and easy to adjust and arrange the pouches to suit your needs.
    2 small niggles with it though - you won't fit the 2 pistol mag pouches on the front along with the admin pouch properly (as in the picture) - there seems to be one loop short on the width! It didn't bother me as I only needed to fit one. Also on the back of the vest, the top half of the molle loops don't align up exactly with the lower ones - this was ok with me as I found a hydration pack that attaches only using the top ones but if you had a longer one it might be a problem to feed the loops all the way down making it bunch up a little. Those 2 points aside I'd highly recommend it - especially at that price which includes shipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Have to say in defence of ebaybanned, they have been far better in recent months when i have ordered from them, the MOE hand gaurds came in no time and i got a load of P90 mags too. I think they may have heard about peoples opinion of them and pulled their act together. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Took less than two weeks for my last three orders from them to arrive.

They're fairly quick now.

Haven't bought vest's from ebaybanned but have bought two sets of camo.

Tears will develop and it will fade a bit in the wash...

But other than that, for the price, well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I am planning to be in HRTA next weekend. I think I will hold off making a decision until then.

Thanks for all the advice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

sliabh wrote: »
    I am planning to be in HRTA next weekend. I think I will hold off making a decision until then.

Good idea - have a good look at whats about and try on a few vests if any available. Most people are very happy to help out and give you the details of pros, cons, price, place of purchase etc if asked.

Advertisement