Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed unfairly

Options
  • 20-03-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Thread closed unfairly in the Mac forum by BabyPink Mod

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055517342

I was simply asking for a program, Didnt break the charter in any way and the mod was ignorant to name the program she found! I PM'd them saying i was going to take this up with someone else as they clearly could not keep their head

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you do as she suggested and google for the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Did you do as she suggested and google for the answer?

Yes but the results showed MAC spoofing which is a totally different thing!!! Thats to do with networking!!!

Drop the Mod a PM then.

Oh i did!!!!!!!!
    I did it before i posted this thread, I asked for a link to the program they found

Iv received no reply and i assume i probably will never get a reply!

All i want is the thread reopened!!!

I will ask the Mod to comment in this thread.

• Advertisement

Thanks berutheil:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

Did you do as she....
    LOL.... i'm a he!
    I asked for a link to the program they found
    In fact Hogzy, if you examine the PM you sent me you'll see that you didn't ask.
    Iv received no reply and i assume i probably will never get a reply!
    ahem......no comment.

----
    I was simply asking for a program, Didnt break the charter in any way
    All i want is the thread reopened!!!

right...... the charter states as follows
    -No Warez, Hackz, Appz or Crackz (advice/sourcing or discussion)
    My co-mod and I have been consistent in killing threads that discuss more than simply which torrent program to use. While I accept that torrents have many legitimate and valuable uses, things, however, become altogether different when someone is looking to cheat a private tracker. Don't take me for a fool - I know well what's going on when someone is looking to pad their seeding ratio. I also know full well what private trackers do --- see image attached....

In any event - private trackers aren't set up for the benefit of users like you who apparently set out to abuse the communities they are trying to build. They, while fundamentally are based around piracy, operate with the community in mind. This is why they enforce ratio requirements and ban users who abuse.

Now, while not directly "Warez, Hackz, Appz or Crackz" in the context of Mac - the topic of the thread concerned the facilitation of copyright/IP rights infringement and piracy. I will not allow a thread veering in that direction to continue on Mac. Further, I hope that my fellow mods, s-mods and c-mods would not condone this kind of discussion on boards and actually doubt that they would. However, I can't speak for them.

In fact the solution you claim, in your PM, that doesn't work on Mac --- well, it actually does work on mac. How about this snippet from their website:
    Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X and Unix version:
    Download program here
    Mirror download
    For the program to work correctly you need Mono 1.9.1

And as for googling your answer - try this: torrent ratio spoof os x
    --- gives you the following search results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=torrent+ratio+spoof+os+x&btnG=Search

4 out of the top 6 will name the very program you mentioned in your PM to me. And as I've already highlighted above - it works on Mac.
    Fundamentally - I stand by my closing the thread. Should a c-mod or s-mod decide to re-open it, that is their prerogative.

babypink wrote: »
    LOL.... i'm a he!

With a name like babypink?!:eek:
    While I accept that torrents have many legitimate and valuable uses, things, however, become altogether different when someone is looking to cheat a private tracker. Don't take me for a fool - I know well what's going on when someone is looking to pad their seeding ratio. I also know full well what private trackers do.

A perfectly valid reason and if it is in the charter then I'm afraid you haven't a leg to stand on Hogzy.
    The thread stays closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

Beruthiel wrote: »
    With a name like babypink?!:eek:
    zing!

Advertisement