Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays taxi protest in Dublin..

Options
  • 20-03-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what levels of disruption were caused to people's daily commute?.

Lets not turn this into an anti-taxi rant, just wondering about the disruption caused as it might be an indicator (no pun - they don't use 'em ;) ) for us in the event of future protests.

Personally I wasn't delayed anywhere, except at noon when I got caught up in the SR Techniques protest march at Dublin Airport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I didn't notice anything although I'm a cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

There was a taxi protest today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The beeping woke me up though!! Totally unneccesary to do so much of it in a protest imo!

Nick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I drove from Beaumont to Leonards corner. Left at 7.50 and arrived at 8.18...great time.
    Drove from SCR to Stoneybatter for 11; zero resistance.
    From there back to SCR for 2; like an eel through a kids fingers.
    From SCR to Swords. Left about 3.30; record speed.
    Left Swords for East Wall at 6. Swish!!! 30 min.

Thumbs up here for anything that'll stop people driving to work unnecassarily. The roads were a joy and peole went about their bizz.

Get on the bus Gus.
    Or take the ol' tram stan.
    A fart on the Dart Bart?
    Set your city free Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

After reading a garda notice on eircom's home page last night about the disruption expected I decided to stay a home,looks like I lost a days pay for nothing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

humberklog wrote: »
    I drove from Beaumont to Leonards corner. Left at 7.50 and arrived at 8.18...great time.
    Drove from SCR to Stoneybatter for 11; zero resistance.
    From there back to SCR for 2; like an eel through a kids fingers.
    From SCR to Swords. Left about 3.30; record speed.
    Left Swords for East Wall at 6. Swish!!! 30 min.

Thumbs up here for anything that'll stop people driving to work unnecassarily. The roads were a joy and peole went about their bizz.

Get on the bus Gus.
    Or take the ol' tram stan.
    A fart on the Dart Bart?
    Set your city free Lee.

You do a lot of driving for someone who likes public transport so much :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You do a lot of driving for someone who likes public transport so much :)

Just the day that was in it. I'd to bring an artists painting to a number of spots and then pick up musical instruments and move them around too. As I was operating by myself public transport wouldn't have worked.
    All for free too and helping people out across the city...well that's where the city should be able to accommodate a car and driver. As opposed to someone that drives into the city in the morning, leaves car sitting there for 10hours and then drives home. Now that's what the city shouldn't need to accommodate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No disruption at all yesterday, I think the garda notice made a lot of people decide not to drive, so everything ran very smoothly.

Sure all the taxi drivers I know were too busy trying to earn a bit of money to protest...

Advertisement