Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really though! Why is this so cheap?!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

they are end of life

might pick one up at that price though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Overclockers.co.uk are registered for Vat here, they'll change the Vat rate at checkout. Find another UK store like Scan.co.uk that charge the lower Uk rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Still, compared to the price of it 9 months ago thats dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i thought the q6700 is the upper range model of the q6600.

Am i right?

i would have put this in the bargain alert thread but i thought considering the price there must be some "problem" with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

nope nothing wrong with it intel have stopped producing it and are getting rid of there stock

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with it, its just an older chip which is now discontinued.

Its a kentsfield 65nm first released in 2006, then yorkfield (Q9000 series) is 45nm and was released in 2007, then the newer nehalem (i7) in 2008. Wiki

Its similarly priced at scan.co.uk, but AFAIK they make you jump thru hoops to deliver to Irl, not dealt with them myself

with the euro nearly on parity with the sterling it seems to be quite a brilliant deal!

Yes its a steal alright

Try scan.co.uk first because of the cheaper Vat, let us kno how you get on or if there are any checkout issues

i'm getting the tax back and buying a full system,

so i'll be buying from overclockers a good bit cheaper for what i want.

also check this out on komplett

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338086

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

dabs.ie will also give you a VAT reciept and their ie site tracks the .co.uk site price daily so you're getting the sterling price. worth a look see if they're cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement