Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about courses in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ohsheaa

hey any1 have any info about this course(LM092)..
    Whats the hours like?
    Whats the Ag Science like if you havn't studied it at Leaving Cert ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

any1 any info on speech and language therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Whats the LM050 business course like???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

galwayu wrote: »
    Whats the LM050 business course like???

Did you not see this in the thread?:
    sceptre wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Daragh101 wrote: »
    just wondering is there any course in ul that would be good for a career in trading?
    As in market trading or retail/wholesale trading?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

ninty9er wrote: »
    As in market trading or retail/wholesale trading?

market trading!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

BBS with a Finance Major and then the MSc in Financial Services.

It's a 5 year plan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

smurk wrote: »
    any1 any info on speech and language therapy?

its a postgraduate course,its very competetive and you need an undergraduate and work experience to get accepted. what stage are you at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wellboss.

ya any info on physio??

wellboss. wrote: »
    ya any info on physio??

As I said earlier:
    Mossin wrote: »
    The only thread I could find was this one to help:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660427&highlight=physio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jmay

im thinking of heading to UL next year although im not 100% sure yet
    Ive been looking at Industrial Biochemistry and Food & Health Science. just wondering if anyone in these courses could give me an idea of what they're like? Also, I only did Biology for my leaving cert. Are the physics and chemistry parts of the courses doable for people who havent done it before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Turkey191

Hi, I'm interested in possibly doing PE next year. Any recommendations? And can anyone tell me what's the main difference between the course offered in UL and UCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tomcc

Anyone know where I can find a list of every module offered by UL??

tomcc wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find a list of every module offered by UL??

Here: http://www.ul.ie/courses/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ddemo

hi,
    Can anyone give me info on these degrees as im considering both and am unsure??

Would be helpful to get students opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ddemo

can anyone give me info asap

PLEASE:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hi again!! is anyone able to put me in contact with someone from the course B.Ed in Materials and Architecturial Technology?

I've already had a reply from someone about the education side and that was great!! but id like to talk specifically to someone doing the course or a rcent graduate. btw do you get paid for teaching practice like you would in regular work experience for lets say an engineering degree.

Info about the MBS in International Entrepreneurship Management can be found here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055774689

PM me for further details or bump the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Any info on the Aeronautical Engineering course in UL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

What exactly do you want to know? Its the same as biomedical, mechanical and CAED in 1st year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Any info on the Aeronautical Engineering course in UL?

tis a bit late to mention now but there was an open night about 3 weeks ago for matures wanting to come in, in sept, all the course director's were there, very informative evening !! you could just wander around and chat casually !
    There will be an open day soon last Tuesday of this month if i recall, for computer systems course i found out, i presume there will be similar one for each course check it out, email the head of aero eng

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'm able to give anyone information about Applied Languages and even a bit of info about Languages, Literature and Culture [or whatever it's called nowdays] and Language Education. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fila2010

neil3000 wrote: »
    If anyone would like to know anything about Science Education (LM092 i think... Biology education with physics or chemistry) I can help as I am a graduate of the brilliant course!!!

I'm graduating this year (well hopefully) of this BRILLIANT COURSE! So I'd like to know is there jobs out there...where is best palce to go from hearing from your classmates..I dnt no what to do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hey fila! can you give me your opinion on the education part of the course too please

Hi!

The Education part of the course has some interesting modules. However, I will say this, it's demanding and sometimes hard to understand especially the curriculum studies module. Expect a lot of essays, 2 hour tutorials each week, presentations in front of groups and a lot of study at the end, especially if you don't go to every lecture. If you don't go to your lectures in some modules, it is hard to catch up and sometimes you just need to be there to get the jist of what it's all about...

Teaching Practice on the otherhand, is great especially if you really enjoy teaching and young people. It feels good if you can relate to younger people and they really appreciate you especially when you devote time, attention and effort to them and show you care...it is tough though don't get me wrong, all the lesson plans, tutor visits and sometimes it can be so stressful but at the end of it, you will realise how much you have developed your own style of teaching, your own person and that in itself makes all the above worth while.

ohsheaa wrote: »
    hey any1 have any info about this course(LM092)..
    Whats the hours like?
    Whats the Ag Science like if you havn't studied it at Leaving Cert ect..

Hey,

heres the low down, 23+ hours almost every semester, lot's of assignments, lab reports, presentations, teaching practice. Ag Science is fine, nothing hard about it, mostly common sense especially if you come from the country side or farming backround. This course is one of the best at U.L as it is concurrent = no h.dip after that, fully qualified teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Hi all! Can any general nursing student give me the highs and lows of the course!
    (and also, is Kilmurry a good place to live if doing nursing?)
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mr Tickles

Hi all! Can any general nursing student give me the highs and lows of the course!
    (and also, is Kilmurry a good place to live if doing nursing?)
    Thanks!

I can't give you much on the course because I'm in an Education course, but if your seriously thinking Nursing and want to be living right next to the majority of your classes your going to want to think about Cappavilla Village.

It's one of the expensive ones, but directly next to the Health Sciences Building.

Kilmurry in terms of on campus villages is probably the 2nd worst in terms of distance from the Health Sciences building, but really, it isn't a terrible walk, probably 10-15 min max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Is there any chance of getting info on Psychology and Sociology (LM038)? I got it trough the HEAR scheme and Im terrified already. Help?
    By the way, tomorrow all the HEAR applicants are meeting in UL and staying there until saturday, is anyone coming from Cork?
    Also, do you know anything about cheap accomodation?

Advertisement