Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gallup 360 weedkiller mixture

• 20-03-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Well! I'm spraying some weedkiller today while the weather is dry. I got 5 liters of Gallup 360 and i'm using a knapsnack. I'm not quite sure of the mixture though. I'm not spraying near crops so it can be as strong as need be. What ratio of weedkiller to water do you reckon I should use? Here is what the leaflet says:

B.GALLUP 360 recommendation___________B.GALLUP 360 required per 20 liters spray mixture
    4 l/ha in 250 l/ha water_______________________________320 ml
    5 l/ha in 250 l/ha water_______________________________320 ml
    6 l/ha in 250 l/ha water_______________________________320 ml

I think I know now after writing it all out. Is it a ratio of 4:20/1:5 on 4 hectares and so on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

Spraying through the tractor mounted sprayer I'd usually be applying 130lt of water to the HA, and adding the required rate of roundup, so for full rate (5lt/HA) the ratio is 26:1.

The standard recommended rate for knapsack is 20:1 or 50ml roundup per litre of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have done it already. Assuming the ratios of Roundup and Gallup are the same, my mixture was four times stronger than the recommended, because I used a ratio of 5:1.

At least I know for again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

malman wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have done it already. Assuming the ratios of Roundup and Gallup are the same, my mixture was four times stronger than the recommended, because I used a ratio of 5:1.

At least I know for again.

Just as a point of interest I once sprayed this stuff at 80:1 and still got a full kill.

Turbury wrote: »
    Just as a point of interest I once sprayed this stuff at 80:1 and still got a full kill.

I'd well believe it, I've seen some poor unfortunates leave a very small amount in the sprayer, with disastrous results for the next crop sprayed......

80:1 would be the equivalent of 1.25 lt/HA which is one of the recommended rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

So is Gallup just as good as Roundup, if not better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

Gallup, Roundup and Rambo - all the same, provided they are 360, which referrs to the concentration of glyphosate in them.
    (360 grams/litre), However there is a hugh difference in price!

Turbury wrote: »
    Gallup, Roundup and Rambo - all the same, provided they are 360, which referrs to the concentration of glyphosate in them.
    (360 grams/litre), However there is a hugh difference in price!

The basic one's are the same, probably come from the same factory just rebadged, the biactive and gold versions have the same active ingredient but with extra wetters and penetrants which can significantly improve performance when uptake might be poor, or on hard to kill weeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

Hi,

I have a 5 litre sprayer and just bought a 1 (1000ml) litre of Gallup 360. What would the ratio be in relation to water.

170ml per 5 litres?

Thanks.

250 ml in your sprayer would be full recommended rate, you'd need that if you have a problem with scutch, docks or thistles, slightly less will do otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pumpit2010

Where can I get Gallup 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

pumpit2010 wrote: »
    Where can I get Gallup 360?

Any agricultural merchant will have it.

You are looking for the best value glyphosate product.

Don't restrict yourself to Gallop.

Advertisement